Program themes, format and learning outcomes specific to our Master of Science Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGNP) concentration. The University of Providence is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission to conduct practice experiences in the state of Washington for the MSN AGNP program.
AGNP Program Format
- Focus on improving health outcomes for adolescents through older adults through skilled assessment and the development of primary treatment plans.
- Program of study includes 48 program credits with 545 clinical practicum hours.
- Courses delivered online, asynchronous setting in 8-week and 16-week sessions.
- Required online orientation at the beginning of the program.
- Upon admission to degree candidacy, a student may submit up to six (6) semester credits of appropriate graduate coursework with grades of “B” (3.0) or better from accredited graduate schools to satisfy degree requirements. The Program Coordinator, upon the advice of the Faculty Advisor, may accept transfer credits from an official transcript reflecting those credits. Acceptability of transfer credit rests on its relevance to the course of study being pursued and on the date of the instruction. Coursework older than six (6) years at the time of graduation may not be submitted for transfer credit.
- Working during the program is highly discouraged. This program is a full-time intensive program that requires all of your time. Class schedules may include evenings and weekends and may change from time to time.
States University of Providence have Board of Nursing Authorization for preceptor Placements
- Alaska: must submit specific Board of Nursing paperwork
- Link to preceptor registration: https://www.commerce.alaska.gov/web/portals/5/pub/nur4253.pdf
- Link to preceptor registration: AZBN | Arizona State Board of Nursing
- Link to preceptor registration: California Board of Registered Nursing
- Link to preceptor registration: Home – Board of Nursing (idaho.gov)
- Link to preceptor registration: Board of Nursing (mt.gov)
- Oregon: must submit specific Board of Nursing Paperwork
- Link to preceptor agreement: https://www.oregon.gov/osbn/Documents/Form_PreceptorAgreement.pdf
- Link to preceptor registration: Nurse Licensing | Washington State Department of Health
Students in states other than listed above will need to work with the University of Providence and State Board of Nursing for appropriate approval prior to clinical placements.
AGNP Program Themes
- Advocacy for social justice and human dignity
- Inquiry and scholarship
- Optimization of safety, quality, and outcomes
AGNP Learning Outcomes
- Integrates findings from the sciences and humanities for the continual improvement of nursing care across diverse settings.
- Applies knowledge of organizational and system leadership practices.
- Selects and applies quality improvement strategies to optimize safety and outcomes.
- Utilizes clinical scholarship as a foundation for practice.
- Applies technology to enhance care, promote lifelong learning, and facilitate data generation and use.
- Promotes social justice and human dignity through policy and advocacy.
- Leads and collaborates in interprofessional teams to improve individual and population health outcomes.
- For clinical questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursing Education Accreditation
The University of Providence is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). The Baccalaureate and Master’s degree programs at the University of Providence are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, (202) 887-6791.