Registration at the University of Providence takes place in our student portal called ArgoExpress. You can view the course schedules for each term, register, view your unofficial transcript and more!
Find the ArgoExpress link posted at the bottom of any webpage on the University website or click here to visit the landing page.
From the landing page of ArgoExpress, enter the secure area by using your University-issued student ID. Your PIN is your date of birth for first time system entry. After the first entry, you will be asked to change your PIN, which must be a minimum of 6 digits.
If you have been locked out of your account, please contact the service desk at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
One inside the secure area of ArgoExpress, and once a student has received his/her registration/advisor PIN number from the assigned advisor, students are then able to register for classes.
You can look up our class offerings without even being logged in to ArgoExpress. To do this, you can follow the instructions below:
- Go to the ArgoExpress homepage
- Click the fourth option down “Class Schedule”
- From here you can pick the term you would like to view by selecting the drop down and then hitting the “Submit” button.
- This will bring you to the search page where you can filter out the classes you would like to view in a multitude of ways. For example, if you were looking for an online writing course, you would select the subject “English” and then in the Campus box, “Distance Learning.” After making you selection, click the “Class Search” button at the bottom of the page.
- This will populate all courses matching the description of your search criteria.
- From here you can see all offerings dates, if the course fulfills any requirements in our Core Curriculum, how many credits, the instructor, course description, and more. Any text that is blue is a link to more information about a given course.
Looking up courses while logged into ArgoExpress follows the same steps as listed above. When you log in to ArgoExpress, you will want to click on the “Student Tab,” then “Registration,” then “Look up Classes.”
Registering for Classes
The Student Registration Process document will walk you through the step by step process of how to register for classes using ArgoExpress.
- Answers to questions about adding and dropping courses once the semester begins as well as to withdraw completely from the University.
- Error Messages and Overrides
- The Registration Overrides and Error Message Process document will familiarize you with how to request overrides from instructors and what various registration error messages mean and how you can resolve them. Use the Override Authorization Form to get overrides and approval.
- Waitlisting Courses
Add yourself to the Student Waitlist for courses that are closed because they are at capacity. Click here to view step by step instructions on how to add yourself to the waitlist for a full course.
Real-time degree audit system and a tool used to plan courses each semester.
Logging into DegreeWorks
Use the DegreeWorks Link from the ArgoExpress landing page.
- Username: University ID # (A000…)
- Password: UP Network Password (Same as UP Email.)
The worksheet displays a student’s degree progress based on their declared major/program. This worksheet displays all the degree, general education/Core, major, second major (if applicable) requirements and the classes the student has taken to satisfy them. The worksheet also shows incomplete requirements, reminding students of what classes they need to take. It illustrates the classes that have not been attempted (in red) and the classes in progress (in blue). For the classes that have not yet been attempted, DegreeWorks offers suggestions as to which class to take, thereby eliminating the hassle of searching for classes to satisfy an unmet requirement.
The What-If allows an advisor or student to see a worksheet for a new or second major/program, whether they are thinking about changing their major or adding an additional major. The What-If allows students to view how their progress changes with a new major or additional major, which classes can be applied towards the new major, which classes will not count, and which new classes need to be taken.
The GPA Calculator tab is for students to calculate what their term GPA may be based on what grade they predict they will get in a course. The GPA Calculator can help students in realistic goal-setting at the beginning of the term, as well as help with accurate mapping of their paths for achieving honors, avoiding academic probation or suspension, or satisfying personal academic aspirations.