2024 Commencement Ceremony
April 27, 2024 @ 10:00 a.m.
McLaughlin Center Gymnasium
A livestream of the ceremony can be found by clicking here, beginning at 10:00 a.m.
- GRADUATION LUNCHEON – Friday, April 26 • TBD
University Center Conference Rooms
- COUNSELING PINNING CEREMONY – Friday, April 26 • TBD
Online – Microsoft Teams
- STUDENT COMMENCEMENT REHEARSAL – Friday, April 26 • TBD
McLaughlin Center Gymnasium
- BACCALAUREATE MASS – Friday, April 26 • 4:00 p.m.
Trinitas Chapel | University of Providence
- SENIOR DINNER – Friday, April 26 • 5:30 p.m. (immediately following Baccalaureate Mass)
University Center Conference Rooms | University of Providence | RSVP Required
A complete list of Commencement Events will be posted February 2024.
All degree candidates are required to wear specific regalia for commencement. Orders can be placed through Balfour, online. Regalia can be ordered online and shipped directly to the University (campus and commuter-based students), or shipped directly to your home address (distance students).
Cap and Gown Order Deadlines:
- Ship to School – March 5
If selecting ‘ship to school’ as delivery option – please note required pick up time/day/location:
Wednesday, April 12th
9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Ship to Home – April 2
Utilize ship to home option if you are a distance student, or if you are unable to pick up your order on campus on April 12th.
The University has established a regalia policy for which all degree candidates must comply. Please be familiar with the policy to understand what is permitted and what is prohibited. The regalia policy states that only recognized regalia is permitted to be worn from the neck down. This means that honor cords or stoles earned from another institution, country flags, etc., may not be worn at any point during the commencement ceremony.
Graduates are welcome to bring guests, as we know that the presence of friends, family and mentors has been invaluable to our graduates.
- Guests will be welcome to view the ceremony from the gymnasium stands. Seating opens at 9:30 a.m. All guests should be seated by 10:00 a.m.
- The ceremony is expected to last no longer than 2 hours, 30 minutes.
- Mask use is supported for those who choose to bring and wear a mask.
- Hand sanitizer will be available freely, throughout McLaughlin Center.
- For those families with small children or anyone who does not want to view from within the gymnasium, we will not have a family room this year; however, we will have a large LED screen located outside of the building. Families are welcome to watch the event from outside, if desired.
- The ceremony will be live-streamed for guests to view, remotely.
All campus events will be subject to Institutional COVID-19 protocols and procedures. More information can be found at www.uprovidence.edu/coronavirus.
2023 - Travel Accommodations
- Three Partner Hotels offering special rates
- Best Western Plus – Offering a 15% discount when asking for the UP-Parent Discount.
- Holiday Inn of Great Falls – $104 plus tax per double room when asking for the UP rate.
- SpringHill Suites – $179 – $210 per room, by clicking link here – Book Your Group/Corporate Rate | Marriott International
- Great Falls International Airport
- Rental Car
To view the live recordings of the most previous ceremonies, see below. Additional videos, such as Baccalaureate Mass, can be found on the @UniversityofProvidence, YouTube Channel.
2023 Commencement Ceremony - Live Stream
2022 Commencement Ceremony - Live Stream
2021 Morning Commencement Ceremony - Live Stream
2021 Afternoon Commencement Ceremony - Live Stream
Diplomas can be expected to be received within the following time frame:
- Spring Graduates– Mid-July
- Summer Graduates– Mid-October
- Fall Graduates– Mid-February
*Please note that for initial diploma orders upon graduation, there is not a way to rush or expedite the order from the time frame listed above.
If you would like to order a replacement diploma or a second copy of your diploma, please use this replacement order form.
The University of Providence does not retain copies of the Diplomas.
Academic honors are based on the calculation of your cumulative UP grade point average for the last semester in which the graduate completes his/her degree. If you are a bachelor seeking student you must earn a minimum of 50 credits from the University of Providence for honors consideration. For May and August graduation applicants, honor designations listed in the commencement program will be based on your most current cumulative GPA as of the April before your commencement ceremony. Academic honors are noted in the program and signified by wearing gold cords during the ceremony. Honor cords can be picked up in the Argo Central Office beginning Monday, April 4 and will also be available at Baccalaureate and the day of Commencement at the check-in table. Applicable honors are listed on your Commencement RSVP cover letter.
Any student completing degree requirements in December, May or August of the current academic year is eligible and encouraged to participate in the May commencement ceremony, which is the single ceremony for degree candidates, per academic year. A graduation application and application fee of $90.00 is required in order to be considered as a degree candidate.
October 15th- May & August Graduates*
April 15th- December Graduates*
*For late applications, please contact the Registrar’s Office.