- GRADUATION LUNCHEON – Friday, April 29 • 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
University Center Conference Rooms
- COUNSELING PINNING CEREMONY – Friday, April 29 • 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Fireside Conference Room l McLaughlin Center Building
- STUDENT COMMENCEMENT REHEARSAL – Friday, April 29 • 4:00 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
McLaughlin Center Gymnasium
- COMMEMORATIVE TREE PLANTING – Friday, April 29 • 5:50 p.m.
Trinitas Chapel | University of Providence
- BACCALAUREATE MASS – Friday, April 29 • 6:00 p.m.
Trinitas Chapel | University of Providence
For a complete list of Commencement Events, click here.
All degree candidates are required to wear specific regalia for commencement. Orders can be placed through Balfour, online. Regalia can be ordered online and shipped directly to the University (campus and commuter-based students), or shipped directly to your home address (distance students).
Cap and Gown Order Deadlines:
- Ship to School – March 13
If selecting ‘ship to school’ as delivery option – please note required pick up time/day/location:
Thursday, March 31
9am – 2pm
- Ship to Home – April 4
Utilize ship to home option if you are a distance student, or if you are unable to pick up your order on campus on March 31st.
The University has established a regalia policy for which all degree candidates must comply. Please be familiar with the policy to understand what is permitted and what is prohibited. The regalia policy states that only recognized regalia is permitted to be worn from the neck down. This means that honor cords or stoles earned from another institution, country flags, etc., may not be worn at any point during the commencement ceremony.
We are excited to announce that graduates are welcome to bring guests, as we know that the presence of friends, family and mentors has been invaluable to our graduates.
All campus events will be subject to Institutional COVID-19 protocols and procedures. More information can be found at www.uprovidence.edu/coronavirus.
- The ceremony is expected to last no longer than 2 hours, 30 minutes.
- Masks use is recommended (ages 6 and up).
- Hand sanitizer will be available freely, throughout McLaughlin Center.
- Guests will be welcome to view the ceremony from the gymnasium stands. Seating opens at 9:30 a.m. All guests should be seated by 10:00 a.m.
- For those families with small children or anyone who does not want to view from within the gymnasium, we will not have a family room this year; however, we will have a large LED screen located outside of the building. Families are welcome to watch the event from outside, if desired.
- The ceremony will be live-streamed for guests to view, remotely.
- Three Partner Hotels offering special rates
- Great Falls International Airport
- Rental Car
Archived Ceremonies - 2021 Commencement Ceremony
This year's Commencement Events honored those students who graduated during the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 academic years. Due to safety precautions and physical distancing, the Commencement Ceremony was held as two separate ceremonies based on degree type. To view the live recordings of each ceremony and Baccalaureate Mass, see below.
2021 Morning Commencement Ceremony - Live Stream
2021 Afternoon Commencement Ceremony - Live Stream
Baccalaureate Mass - Live Stream
Diplomas can be expected to be received within the following time frame:
- Spring Graduates– Mid-July
- Summer Graduates– Mid-October
- Fall Graduates– Mid-February
*Please note that for initial diploma orders upon graduation, there is not a way to rush or expedite the order from the time frame listed above.
If you would like to order a replacement diploma or a second copy of your diploma, please use this replacement order form.
The University of Providence does not retain copies of the Diplomas.
Academic honors are based on the calculation of your cumulative UP grade point average for the last semester in which the graduate completes his/her degree. If you are a bachelor seeking student you must earn a minimum of 50 credits from the University of Providence for honors consideration. For May and August graduation applicants, honor designations listed in the commencement program will be based on your most current cumulative GPA as of the April before your commencement ceremony. Academic honors are noted in the program and signified by wearing gold cords during the ceremony. Honor cords can be picked up in the Argo Central Office beginning Monday, April 4 and will also be available at Baccalaureate and the day of Commencement at the check-in table. Applicable honors are listed on your Commencement RSVP cover letter.
Any student completing degree requirements in December, May or August of the current academic year is eligible and encouraged to participate in the May commencement ceremony, which is the single ceremony for degree candidates, per academic year. A graduation application and application fee of $90.00 is required in order to be considered as a degree candidate.
October 15th- May & August Graduates*
April 15th- December Graduates*
*For late applications, please contact the Registrar’s Office.