Clinical Lab Instructors for the Pharmacy Technician programs are employed by the University of Providence, School of Health Professions and fulfill the university mission by providing a quality clinical education for students. Within the designated program, clinical lab instructors are a leader, teacher, advisor, and facilitator on learning within a clinical lab environment. These instructors are critical in helping to prepare students to be competent and confidence in their clinical skills. The positions report to the appropriate Program Director and are on contract for a specific number of hours for a clinical course(s).
- Create a high quality and positive learning environment to teach, mentor, coach and facilitate national clinical standards, using the latest evidence to students within a clinical skills lab.
- Serves as a role model and mentor in demonstrating excellence within the appropriate scope of practice.
- Clinical teaching results in a level of documented learner satisfaction and demonstrated success in achieving program and clinical learning outcomes.
- Actively participates in the design, assessment, implementation and evaluation of the clinical students and skills lab courses within the appropriate program.
- Responsible for the coordination, delivery, set up and clean up for the clinical lab including preparation and accounting for all university supplies and equipment.
- Must have a reliable personal laptop with access to Wi-Fi to enter the University’s learning management system and other university software programs related to academic programs.
- May participate on the School of Health Professions committees and/or program advisory board(s), as needed.
- Must complete all teaching responsibilities in compliance with the employment agreement, University policies, procedures, Code of Conduct, and applicable state laws and regulations.
- Pharmacy Technician Clinical Lab Instructor
- Education level: High School Diploma
- 3 years’ experience
- Current national certification as Pharmacy Technician
- Appropriate state licensure or registration to practice as Pharmacy Technician
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning and educational theories and techniques.
- Previous Clinical Lab Instructor with on-line teaching instruction in a related healthcare field is preferred.
- Previous experience developing clinical lab skills curriculum, including online curriculum and documented experience in program evaluation is preferred.
Position Type: Adjunct Faculty
Salary: $1070 per credit
Location: Richland WA, Seattle WA, Missoula MT, and Portland OR
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, UP application, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org .
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5977.