Skills Lab Instructor in the School of Health Professions Medical Assisting Program at the University of Providence fulfill the university mission by providing a quality education for students. They act as a leader, teacher, advisor, and facilitator on learning in a face to face skills lab. Skills Lab Instructors are responsible to report to the Program Director and Health Programs Division Chair. They are also required to be in communication with the online Adjunct Instructor for the course.
- Teaching Load: able to teach between 2-3 course specific skills labs resulting in a level of documented learner satisfaction and demonstrated success in achieving program and student learning outcomes.
- The instructor must have a reliable personal computer with internet access to enter the University’s learning management system and other university software programs related to academic programs and grading.
- Teaching responsibilities are conducted in a manner that is in compliance with the University employment agreement, University policies, procedures, Code of Conduct, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint & Excel).
- Demonstrates a commitment to the philosophy, mission, core values, and goals of the University and PSJH, and partnered organizations including:
- The university’s mission, as a private Catholic liberal arts institution that prepares students for living and for making a living.
- The ability to integrate values of justice, respect, compassion, excellence, and stewardship into programs and services.
- Previous work record demonstrates personal integrity, veracity, and trust.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Independent judgment, decision making capacity, and the ability to make sound and supported recommendations to other faculty members.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness and honesty with others.
- Has self-knowledge of personal talents and non-talents and acknowledges and utilizes others for balance. Works with the team to ensure the same.
- Has knowledge and experience in the following as it pertains to the working Medical Assistant: anatomy & physiology, nutrition, pharmacology, medication administration, legal knowledge, ethics, clinical laboratory tests, infection prevention, asepsis, and minor clinical surgeries.
- Ability to teach and demonstrate medication injections and phlebotomy as it pertains to the working Medical Assistant.
- Can perform all aspects of Medical Assistant competencies in an exceptional manner, which include but are not limited to: patient rooming, vital signs, ECG, patient education, specimen collection, CLIA waive tests, phlebotomy, and vaccine administrations.
- Attends professions development series offered by the university and completes continuing education outside of the university in accordance with their national MA Certification.
- Certification in Medical Assisting (AAMA, AMCA, NHA, NCCT)
- Appropriate state licensure or registration to practice as a Medical Assistant
- Recent Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate
- Three (3) years’ experience as a Medical Assistant
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse groups of faculty, staff, and students.
- Current knowledge of professional issues in healthcare, research, and large healthcare organizations.
- Obtains an Online Learning Certificate within 1 year of teaching (optional).
- A completed university application
- Resume/CV detailing professional experience/education
- Names and contact information of three professional references
- The University will need official transcripts from all schools before an offer can be made to any candidate
- Copy of Medical Assistant Certification
Position Type: Adjunct Faculty
Salary: $25 to $33 Hourly
Location: Great Falls or within commuting distance to Great Falls.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, UP application, and three professional references to email@example.com .
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5977.