Adjunct Instructor in the School of Health Professions Medical Assisting Program at the University of Providence fulfill the university mission by providing a quality education for students. They act as a leader, teacher, advisor, and facilitator on learning in an online environment and face to face skills lab. Adjunct faculty members are responsible to report to the Program Director and Health Programs Division Chair.
- Teaching Load: able to teach between one – six courses during each calendar year (over 12 months) resulting in a level of documented learner satisfaction and demonstrated success in achieving program and student learning outcomes. Able to teach the corresponding skills labs in each course.
- The instructor must have a reliable personal computer with internet access to enter the University’s learning management system and other university software programs related to academic programs and grading.
- Teaching responsibilities are conducted in a manner that is in compliance with the University employment agreement, University policies, procedures, Code of Conduct, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Associates degree (AS or AAS) required from an accredited school; Bachelor degree highly preferred from an accredited school.
- Certification in Medical Assisting (AAMA, AMCA, NHA, NCCT)
- Appropriate state licensure or registration to practice as a Medical Assistant
- Recent Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate
- Three (3) years’ experience as a Medical Assistant
- Previous on-line teaching experience in a healthcare related field is preferred.
- Previous experience reviewing and/or developing online curriculum is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse groups of faculty, staff, and students.
- Current knowledge of professional issues in healthcare, research, and large healthcare organizations.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint & Excel).
- Demonstrates a commitment to the philosophy, mission, core values, and goals of the University and PSJH, including:
- The university’s mission, as a private Catholic liberal arts institution that prepares students for living and for making a living.
- The ability to integrate values of justice, respect, compassion, excellence, and stewardship into programs and services.
- Previous work record demonstrates personal integrity, veracity, and trust.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Independent judgment, decision making capacity, and the ability to make sound and supported recommendations to other faculty members.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness and honesty with others.
- Has self-knowledge of personal talents and non-talents and acknowledges and utilizes others for balance. Works with the team to ensure the same.
- A completed university application
- Resume/CV detailing professional experience/education
- List of courses taught (if applicable)
- Names and contact information of three professional references
- The University will need official transcripts from all schools before an offer can be made to any candidate
- Copy of Medical Assistant Certification
Position Type: Adjunct Faculty
Salary: $25 to $33 Hourly
Location: Great Falls or within commuting distance to Great Falls.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, UP application, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org .
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5977.