Over the past month IS has been working on improvements campus wide. From a new committee, to a ticketing system, to SharePoint updates, IS wants you to know what to expect in the future.
- UPISOC – The role of the University of Providence Information Services Oversight Council (UPISOC) is to participate fully in the oversight and delivery of Information Services to the University of Providence, its administration, faculty, staff, and students. The UPISOC provides guidance for IS funding (capital and operational), strategy and operations. The UPISOC is the oversight body responsible for assessing the operational impact of IS initiatives; it will also help set priorities and discuss funding for new IS projects that directly affect the university.
- Ticketing System – IS has been building a new ticketing system that will allow us to create and track issues. The ticketing system is very feature rich and provides a vast amount of tools. At this point IS is just scratching the surface of what is possible but we are excited to see what features will be useful within our university. Expect to see more on this in the following months.
- SharePoint (Intranet) Feb. 1 – Your UPISOC team has been working on the structure of the Universities new intranet. The goal is to have the structural design approved by UPISOC, with the assistance of staff, faculty, and students by Feb. 28.
- March 31: IS and Microsoft will use the approved design to start building the foundational pieces of the Intranet.
- May 1: We are expecting we will have a completed product at which point faculty, staff and students will be given access to start building their individual sites.