Traci Rooks is an Adjunct Professor of Healthcare Administration and Program Lead for the Post-Bachelor Health Justice Certificate program at the University of Providence’s School of Health Professions. Throughout her professional career, Rooks has accumulated various experiences in the legal side of healthcare, including risk, compliance, and privacy positions.
Rook’s educational experience includes a Juris Doctorate from the University of Idaho College of Law and two bachelor’s degrees from Eastern Washington University, one in Spanish and the other in Government, focusing on Pre-Law. Rook’s professional experience includes years of experience working with legal issues within the Providence Health System, including positions as a Corporate Compliance Manager and Privacy Officer, a Compliance Specialist for Risk and Integrity Services, and an Investigator for Risk and Integrity Services. Rooks currently works as a Commercial Compliance Consultant for Providence Health Plan.
Rooks joined the University of Providence in 2018 as an Adjunct Professor of Healthcare Administration before taking on the Program Lead position for the Health Justice Certificate program. She is an adjunct and program lead, teaching courses on medical-legal partnerships, regulations, risk & compliance, healthcare law, ethics, and health justice advocacy in action.
- Juris Doctor, University of Idaho College of Law
- Bachelor of Arts In Government (Pre-Law), Eastern Washington University
- Bachelor of Arts In Spanish, Eastern Washington University
- Health Justice Certificate Program Manager (Current)
- Commercial Compliance Consultant (Current)
- Investigator, Risk & Integrity Services
- Compliance Specialist, Risk & Integrity Services
- Corporate Compliance Manager & Privacy Officer
- Adjunct Professor, University of Providence, 2018 – Current
- American Health Lawyers Association (Current)
- Association of Workplace Investigators (Current)
- Washington State Bar Association, Health Law Section, Young Lawyer Liaison
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section, Young Lawyer Liaison
- Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- Certified Family Law Mediator
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance
- Craig Lewis Trial Team: Awarded Best Advocate
- Mediation Team: Awarded First Place Team
- Negotiation Team: Awarded First Place Team, Competed Internationally
- MHA: Masters In Healthcare Administration
- MHA: Health Justice Certificate
- MHA 504: Health Justice: Medical-Legal Partnerships
- MHA 524: Regulations, Risk & Compliance
- MHA 535: Healthcare Law & Ethics
- MHA 528: Health Justice Advocacy In Action
Three Questions With Traci Rooks
- What is the most interesting or unique course you have ever taught?
- Health Justice has been the most unique course and program I’ve designed. Bringing together law and medicine is a challenge. I’m delighted that students are interested in discovering how to overcome those challenges.
- What do you enjoy doing outside academia?
- My husband and I enjoy hiking, horseback riding, and working on the family farm.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
- To be able to take away the fear of healthcare would be a great superpower to have! So many people are terrified of seeking medical help. To ease that fear would be an incredible power.