Shelly Granger is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Nursing at the University of Providence’s School of Health Professions. Granger is also the Program Director for UPs Online Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing program. Granger joined UP in 2016 and teaches courses in the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Online Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing programs, pulling from her strong clinical nursing experience and extensive nursing education.
Granger holds a Master of Science in Nursing specializing in Nurse Education from the University of Wyoming and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Montana State University-Northern. Before joining UP, Granger worked as an American Heart Association Site Coordinator for over a decade, training healthcare professionals in advanced cardiovascular life support. She also worked as a Registered Respiratory Therapist, providing respiratory care for patients in need.
In addition to her role as Associate Professor, Granger still works as a Registered Nurse. She served first as an Instructor of Nursing before transitioning to an Assistant Professor of Nursing at Montana State University-Northern, where she taught for five years.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Education, University of Wyoming
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Montana State University-Northern
- Associate of Science in Nursing, Montana State University-Northern
- Online Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program Director, 2023 – Current
- Registered Nurse 2008 – Current
- American Heart Association Site Coordinator, 1993 – 2011
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Instructor, 1993 – 2016
- Registered Respiratory Therapist, 1991 – 2008
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Nursing, University of Providence, 2016 – Current
- Adjunct Nursing Faculty, University of Providence, 2015
- Assistant Professor of Nursing, Montana State University-Northern, 2014 – 2016
- Instructor of Nursing, Montana State University-Northern, 2011 – 2014
- Critical Care Registered Nurse Certification
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers and Instructor Trainers
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support for Experienced Healthcare Providers
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Instructor (Inactive)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Trauma Nursing Core Course
- ABSN: Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- RN-BSN: Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- NRS 405: Pathophysiology and Pharmacology Concepts
- NRS 407: Public Health: Nursing Care of Populations
- NRS 414: Population Health
- NRS 418: Global Perspectives in Healthcare
- NRS 419: Quality & Safety in Nursing Leadership
- School of Liberal Arts & Sciences Curriculum Committee, Member
- Admissions Committee, Chair
Three Questions With Shelly Granger
- What do you enjoy doing outside of academia?
- Spending time with family, reading, and baking.
- If you could give one piece of advice to new nursing students, what would it be?
- Read the chapters before the lecture.
- What three items would you bring if stranded on a deserted island?
- My bible, a pot, and a fire starter.