A Note From The Associate Dean of Nursing
I am thrilled to welcome you to our nursing program! As a member of the University of Providence community, you will have the opportunity to explore new perspectives, engage with cutting-edge, world-class faculty, and develop the skills necessary to thrive in your future nursing career.
Team Nursing is dedicated to providing students a dynamic learning experience beyond traditional academic boundaries. We strive to create a holistic and challenging scholastic learning environment where you can collaborate with your peers, engage with expert faculty members, and gain hands-on experience to build your confidence – preparing you for your first job as a registered nurse.
Team Nursing will teach you to think critically, communicate effectively, and solve complex problems. Our competency-based curriculum is designed to prepare you to meet the challenges nurses face. We monitor current workforce trends to ensure our students are equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in today’s fast-paced, evolving healthcare systems.
With care and compassion for humanity at the center of our nursing programs, mingled with our unique Catholic mission to provide education and healthcare to the poor and vulnerable, you will graduate with a deeper understanding of what it is to be human.
I am confident that you will find Team Nursing both challenging and rewarding. I look forward to seeing all you accomplish as you embark on this exciting journey.
– Dr. Andrea Houser, Ph.D., MSN, NPD-BC, CNE, CCRN | Associate Dean of Nursing
- Doctorate of Philosophy: Distinguished with Honor, Capella University
- Master of Science in Nursing Valedictorian, Norwich University
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Valedictorian & Distinguished Military Graduate
- Associate Degree in Nursing, Norwich University
- Associate Dean of Nursing, University of Providence, 2022 – Current
- Instructional Design Coordinator External Consultant, 2022 – Current
- Full-Time Instructional Design Coordinator, 2020 – 2022
- Psychiatric Nurse Educator, 2020
- Director/Admission Nurse & Lead Intake Coordinator 2012 – 2019
- Emergency Department Charge Nurse, 2002 – 2011
- Nurse Manager, 2000 – 2002
- ICU/CCU Staff Nurse, 1998 – 2000
- S. Army Nurse Corps, 1994 – 2006
- Adjunct Faculty & Doctoral Dissertation Mentor, Capella University, 2022 – 2023
- Full-Time Faculty, Galen College of Nursing, 2017 – 2019
- Clinical Instructor, St. Catherine College of Nursing, 2016
- Adjunct Faculty, Eastern Kentucky University, 2015 – 2019
- Nursing Theory Faculty, Spencerian College, 1998 – 1999
- Certified Nursing Professional Development
- Certified Nurse Educator
- Certified Critical Care Nurse: Alumnus
- Certified Natural Health Practitioner
- D. graduate with distinction GPA 4.0 with honors
- Book publication The Art of Caring
- Master of Science graduated GPA 4.0 with Honors
- CNHP Lifetime Membership and Consultant
- Congressional Award “Spirit of Nursing.”
- Jewish Hospital Nurse of the Year
- Army Commendation Award x 2
- Army Meritorious Service Medal
- Kentucky Colonel
Discover More From Dr. Andrea Houser