Alice Dupler is a Professor of Nursing at the University of Providence School of Health Professions. With a rich academic and professional background, Dupler brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to her role as a nursing educator in UP’s Online Registered Nurse Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master of Science in Nursing Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner programs. Dupler earned a Juris Doctorate from Gonzaga University School of Law and her Master of Science in Nursing: Adult Nurse Practitioner degree from the University of Portland, which she has used to elevate her career in clinical nursing, nurse education, and administrative nursing practice.
In addition to her strong academic background, Dupler has extensive clinical nursing experience. She has worked many jobs within the discipline, including as a Nurse Curriculum Development Consultant since 2010 and Nurse Educator and Clinician since 2001. Her experience also includes serving as an Adult Nurse Practitioner, an Adult Nurse Practitioner, and an Independent Nurse Practitioner. Dupler has also held various faculty positions throughout her career.
Before joining UP, she was an Associate Professor at Texas Tech, Gonzaga, and Seattle Universities. She also served as a Clinical Associate Professor at Washington State University and a Clinical Assistant Professor. Dupler also holds experience in senior leadership, once serving as Assistant Dean of Advancement at Washington State University.
- Juris Doctorate, Gonzaga University School of Law
- Master of Science in Nursing: Adult Nurse Practitioner, University of Portland
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Eastern Washington University
- Bachelor of Arts, Eastern Washington University
- Nurse Curriculum Development Consultant, 2010 – Current
- Expert Nurse Witness & Consultant, 2007 – Current
- Private Practice Lawyer, 2005 – Current
- Nurse Educator & Clinician, 2001 – Current
- Nurse Consultant/Rule 9 Intern, 2001 – 2005
- Adult Nurse Practitioner/Complaint Investigator/Surveyor, 1989 – 2001
- ANP/NHA/VP of Operations, United Health 1985 – 1989
- Adult Nurse Practitioner / Independent Practice, 1985 – 1987
- Staff Nurse (Trauma, Burns, Cancer & Cardiac), 1980 – 1985
- Nursing Assistant, Skilled Nursing Facilities, 1968 – 1980
- Professor, University of Providence, 2017 – Current
- Associate Professor, Texas Tech University, 2016 – 2017
- Associate Professor, Gonzaga University, 2012 – 2015
- Associate Professor, Seattle University, 2012 – 2013
- Clinical Associate Professor, Washington State University, 2006 – 2014
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Washington State University, 2001 – 2006
- Assistant Dean of Advancement, Washington State University, 2005 – 2008
- American Association of Nurse Attorneys, Fellow
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- Admissions to the United States Supreme Court Bar, Member
- American Association of Nurse Attorneys, Corresponding Secretary (2015 – 2016)
- American Association of Nurse Attorneys, Director of the Board of Directors (2014 – 2017)
- American Association of Nurse Attorneys, President of the Washington State Chapter (2013)
- Washington State Association of Nurse Attorneys, Member (2011 – 2017)
- Washington State Association for Justice (2009 – 2012)
- National Council on Aging, Member (2004 – 2018)
- Loon Lake Health Association Board, President (1998 – 2020)
- Nurse Attorney, United States Supreme Court, Admission to the United States Supreme Court Bar
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education Site Visitor, Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Nurse Attorney, Health Care Law Certification
- Certified Nurse Practitioner, Board of Nursing, Montana Licensure
- Registered Nurse, Board of Nursing, Montana Licensure
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse-Advanced Nurse Practitioner, American Nurses Credentialing Center Certification
- Nurse Attorney, Washington State Supreme Court, Washington Licensure
- Registered Nurse, Department of Health, Washington Licensure
- Long-Term Care Surveyor & Complaint Investigator, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Certification
- Evidence-Based Practice Mentor, Arizona State University
- End of Life Nursing Education Consortium: Promoting Palliative Care
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse – Gerontological Nursing, American Nurses Credentialing Center, Certification
- Nursing Home Administrator, Department of Health, Washington Licensure
- Providence Health Services Sister Peter Claver Humanitarian Award
- Washington State Bar Association Pro Bono Public Service Commendation
- STTI Delta Chi Chapter At Large Excellence in Nursing Research Award
- Deans Academic Honors List of Gonzaga University Law School
- STCU Undergraduate Faculty Award Nominee
- DSHS Outstanding Employee Award
- Aging & Adult Service Administration Outstanding Team Award
- Statewide Outstanding Employee Award
- QA Nurse Team’s Outstanding Team Member Award
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing International Excellence in Research Utilization Award.
- Washington State University College of Nursing Excellence in Teaching Award
- STTI Delta Chi Chapter-at-Large, Nursing Education Excellence Award
- RN-BSN: Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- MSN-AGNP: Master of Science in Nursing, Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner
- NRS 402: Evidence-Based Practice
- NRS 530: Social Justice, Law & Policy in Healthcare
- Quality & Evaluation Committee
- Faculty Executive Committee, Member
- SHPCC Curriculum Committee, Chair
- Faculty Organization Bylaws Committee, Member
- Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, Vice Chair
- Public Relations/Institutional Advancement Policy Committee, Member
- Curriculum Committee, Member & Chair
Three Questions with Alice Dupler
- If you could give one piece of advice to new nursing students, what would it be?
- You are brilliant! Lean in! Push nursing forward! Be you… nursing needs you!
- What do you enjoy doing outside of academia?
- I travel. I love exploring how others live. I learned to be kind, considerate, compassionate, and humble. I give my hopes, dreams, and knowledge to those I meet. In God’s light, we are one.
- What three items would you bring if stranded on a deserted island?
- My honey, my cell phone, and a solar recharging unit!