Dora Barilla is an Adjunct Faculty and Program Lead for the Post-Bachelor Community Health Investment Certificate program at the University of Providence’s School of Health Professions. Barilla has worked her way up through healthcare, serving in multiple roles focusing on healthcare strategy, policy, and investment. She is the President and Co-Founder of healthcare consulting firm H2C Strategies and the Founder and President of Partners for Better Health.
Barilla’s educational experience includes a Doctor of Public Health focusing on Health Education from Loma Linda University, a Cognate in Health Policy from Johns Hopkins University, a Masters of Public Health in Health Promotion & Education from Loma Linda University, and a Bachelor of Science in Sports Medicine from Pepperdine University. In addition to her Adjunct Faculty position at the University of Providence, Barilla serves as an Assistant Professor at Lima Linda University’s School of Public Health and remains highly active in public health, policy, and healthcare overall – serving on the board of multiple healthcare organizations.
Barilla teaches two Community Health Investment Certificate courses as part of her Adjunct position at the University of Providence—essentials of Community Health & Health Equity and Introduction to Upstream Improvement in Community Health.
- Doctor of Public Health in Health Education, Loma Linda University
- Cognate in Health Policy, Johns Hopkins University
- Masters of Public Health in Health Promotion & Education, Loma Linda University
- Bachelor of Science in Sports Medicine, Pepperdine University
- Healthcare Consultant President & Co-Founder | H2C Strategies (Current)
- Founder & President | Partners for Better Health (Current)
- Group Vice President of Community Health Investment
- Assistant Vice President of Strategy and Innovation
- Associate Director of the Institute for Health Policy & Leadership
- Healthcare Strategist
- Community Benefit Director
- Director of Preventative Care
- Telecommunications Coordinator
- Adjunct Faculty, University of Providence, XXXX – Current
- Assistant Professor, Loma Linda University School of Public Health, 2006 – Current
- Health Educator, PacifiCare Wellness Company, 1993 – 1996
- San Antonio Community Hospital, Board of Trustees
- Inland Empire Community Foundation, Board of Trustees
- Stakeholder Health, Chair of the Advisory Council
- Medical Teams International, Board Member
- Communities Lifting Communities, Hospital Association of Southern California, Board Member
- Jamboree, Board Member
- Community Vital Signs, Steering Committee and Data Committee Chair, 2012 – 2015
- National Leadership Academy for the Public Health Fellow, 2014
- Inland Empire Economic Partnership, Chair Healthcare Council, 2011–2013
- MHA: Community Health Investment Certificate
- MHA 507: Essentials of Community Health & Health Equity
- MHA 513: Introduction to Upstream Improvement in Community Health
Three Questions With Dora Barilla
- What do you enjoy doing outside of academia?
- Hiking with my family.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
- True empathy.
- If you could give any piece of advice to an incoming student, what would it be?
- Don’t only choose a major but define your life mission.