Whether you’re a recent graduate in the first years of your career with an eye on management or a mid-level managerial candidate wanting to prepare yourself for an upcoming promotion – a Master of Science in Organizational Leadership from the University of Providence will give you dynamic leaderships skills for application across a broad spectrum of businesses, government organizations, and non-profits.
What Is A Master’s of Science in Organizational Leadership?
Organizational leadership is a multi-dimensional graduate program that prepares bachelor’s degree recipients to hold managerial or top-level leadership positions within various businesses, agencies, or organizations. Students can expect to learn more than just a list of skills – but enhanced knowledge in critical thinking, decision-making, and employee management.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate For This Program?
Many different types of candidates qualify for the organizational leadership program. The graduate organizational leadership program is designed for currently employed professionals looking to enter managerial positions or expand their skillset as existing managers. Candidates do not need multiple years of experience as a manager or even experience as a manager to qualify – entry-level managers, managerial candidates, or prospective managerial candidates can all benefit.
What Specific Skills With Future Managers Learn?
Students in the Masters of Science in Organizational Leadership program can expect to learn key competencies across various business modalities and focus points. Students will dive into different business departments to better understand the structure of the organizations, focusing on:
- Leadership practices
- Leadership skills
- Personnel management
- Project management
How Does An Organizational Leadership Degree Prepare Future Managers?
Current and future managers who enroll in the graduate organizational leadership program are exposed to key leadership skills many organizations look for in their managerial candidates. More than developing key competencies in relevant skills – students will graduate will a better understanding of leadership and how best to apply the skills they’ve learned in their management positions. Graduates will be able to:
- Better analyze and evaluate ideas, data, and policy
- Better improve decision-making within an organization
- Identify and apply the latest business and industry trends
- Build value-based systems using ethical, cultural, regulatory, and legal factors
- Design, implement and evaluate personal leadership plans
What Degrees Can An Organizational Leadership Degree Build Upon?
A Master’s of Science in Organizational Leadership builds upon the skills students learn as part of existing educational programs. While a degree in organizational leadership can help develop leadership in a variety of industries and businesses – UP’s program helps students build upon the following disciplines:
- Healthcare Administration
- Business Administration
- Sports Management
- Non-Profit Leadership
- Government Agency Leadership
How Will A Concentration In Management Prepare Me?
Accompanying the Masters of Science in Organizational Leadership is the management concentration. A management concentration is an enriching accompaniment to the organizational leadership degree by providing robust enhancements in the core foundations of leadership by preparing students for adaptability to the changing demands of leadership and the effectiveness of implementing these skills.
- Personnel management
- Facilities management
- Legal and policy directives and planning
- Implementation and outcome assessments
- Revenue generation and fiscal accountability
- Community, regional, and state relations/development.
What Does UP’s Organizational Leadership Degree Program Look Like?
Enrolling in UP’s organizational leadership graduate program immerses students into a dynamic, online learning environment with programs taught by leaders across various industries across healthcare, law enforcement, human services, government, and non-profit leadership. Courses are offered through the 8-week learning model and designed for completion in three semesters.
- Students complete 36 credits over 12 courses
- 12 credits are core courses
- 18 credits are management concentration
- Six credits are student-selected electives
- Courses are completed over an 8-week learning model
- The total completion time for the program is three semesters
- Students experience simulated exchanges and integrations of real-world examples
- Courses are offered 100% online
- Qualified faculty represent a variety of professional insights
A Masters of Science in Organizational Leadership from the University of Providence prepares currently practicing working professionals for a rewarding career in management or leadership. Discover our graduate admissions requirements or apply to our program today.