Find out all the details you need to earn a Master of Healthcare Administration degree
- Eight-week online courses for working professionals with short breaks between courses
- 6 semesters for a total of 24 months
- Cohort model- students gain a sense of community and individual attention as they progress through the program with the same group of students
- Face-to-face program immersion prior to the start of the program
- New cohorts begin in January and August each year
- Communication and Listening
- Informatics and information technology
- Ethical and transformation leadership
- Critical thinking
- Complex systems and strategic planning
- Practice Competency
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply systems and leadership theories and informatics to affect change to meet strategic goals.
- Integrate leadership attributes and apply ethical, compassionate, cultural, regulatory, and legal factors in making leadership decisions.
- Synthesize and apply effective communication strategies and skills within organizations to create healthy person-centered environments.
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence, reflective personal growth and compassionate leadership when leading organizations.
- Apply data collection methods, applications, sampling systems and informatics to improve decision-making and accountability.
- Analyze data, evidence-based practice and financial systems to ensure quality and safety in processes.
- Total General Program Cost: $839/credit
- Total cost for PSJH caregivers and their dependents: $641/credit
- The MHA program has a non-refundable required tuition deposit of $150 to secure admission into the program. This deposit will be applied to the first tuition bill.
- MHA 510 Leadership Theory
- MHA 522 Preparation, Professionalism, and Advocacy
- MHA 531 Social Justice, Law and Policy in Healthcare
- MHA 518 Evidence-Based Management for Healthcare Leaders
- MHA 512 Applied Leadership
- MHA 521 Population Health – A Community Orientation
- MHA 502 Healthcare Systems
- MHA 565 Healthcare Budgeting and Financial Planning
- MHA 565 People and Experience
- MHA 523 Strategic Planning, Marketing, and the Patient Experience
- MHA 505 Healthcare Informatics
- MHA 535 Healthcare Law and Ethics
- MHA 525 Transformational Leadership
- MHA 524 Regulations, Risk and Compliance
- MHA 698 Capstone I
- MHA 699 Capstone II
As part of your academic program, students participate in an Capstone project. In order to complete this project, there may be required background check, drug screen and proof of immunizations.
If your site requires additional verifications, you will be sent a link to Verified Credentials (a third party provider of background screening, drug testing, and compliance management services) to complete these requirements. The results of the background check and drug screen or failure to submit proof of immunizations may determine if you remain eligible in the program. The facility where the student completes their capstone project will be provided proof that a background check, drug screen, and proof of immunizations has been completed.
“Employment of medical and health services managers is projected to grow 32 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations. As the large baby-boom population ages and people remain active later in life, there should be increased demand for healthcare services. The median annual wage for medical and health services managers was $100,980 in May 2019.”