Find out all the details you need to earn a Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration degree
- Content delivery: 8-week online courses for working healthcare professionals with short breaks between courses.
- Length of semesters: Two 8-week terms and a brief break within each semester.
- Approximate time to complete the rotation of courses within the major (6 semesters)
- Time to complete all coursework in the 120 credit hour Bachelor degree depends on semester course loads and courses transferred in or needed to meet core, general education, and pre-requisite requirements. Students transferring in with bachelor’s, associate’s, certificate, military credits or high school dual credits must submit all transcripts for evaluation.
- BSHA Tuition Cost: $399 per credit hour
- The BSHA program has a non-refundable required tuition deposit of $50 to secure admission into the program. This deposit will be applied to the first tuition bill.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply a broad understanding of the healthcare system across the continuum from delivery of care to individuals to population health initiatives.
- Demonstrate professionalism, and effective use of oral and written communication.
- Attain competencies and skills needed in healthcare leadership.
- Integrate ethical, financial, legal, regulatory, strategic planning, marketing and quality improvement perspectives in healthcare management decision making
BSHA MAJOR COURSES
HCA 120 Intro to US Healthcare System
HCA 130 Org Behavior in Healthcare
HCA 140 Healthcare Management
HCA 150 Leadership in Healthcare
HCA 160 HR Management in Healthcare
HCA 170 Prof, Ethics, & Values in HC Mgt
HCA 180 Legal Issues in Healthcare
HCA 200 Informatics in Healthcare
HCA 220 Intro to Healthcare Fin Mgmt
HCA 240 Health Policy and Economics
HCA 260 Communication in Healthcare
HCA 300 Population Health for HC Mgrs
HCA 320 Intro to Healthcare Marketing
HCA 330 Quality Mgmt in Healthcare
HCA 494 Capstone
HCA 495 Internship I
HCA 496 Internship II
BSHA Electives (required)
PSY 220 Sociocultural & Int’l Awareness
SCS 312 Soc Rsrch Mthds & App Stats
SOC 366 Poverty & Inequity
120 total Credits are required for all Bachelor Degree Programs
As part of the academic program, students participate in a faculty supervised 120-hour internship. Internship experiences have written goals for the experience and final report, reviews, time sheets, performance appraisal by the preceptor, and grades. Students with healthcare management experience may provide required documentation to request consideration of an internship waiver.
Background checks, drug screen, and proof of immunizations may be required. Requirements are determined by the sites, not by the university, and may change at any time. Students are responsible for meeting all compliance and access requirements.
If the internship site specifies compliance and access requirements, the student will be sent a link to a third-party provider of background screening, drug testing, and compliance management services to complete requirements. Results of the background check and drug screen, and missing or inadequate proof of immunizations or immunity may affect a student’s ability to participate in an internship project and continued program eligibility.
“Employment of medical and health services managers is projected to grow 32 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations. As the large baby-boom population ages and people remain active later in life, there should be increased demand for healthcare services. The median annual wage for medical and health services managers was $100,980 in May 2019.”