The University of Providence’s Surgical Technology Program is designed to meet the needs of students who are motivated to complete this full-time program in 12 months. Prerequisite courses must be completed prior to applying for the Surgical Technology Program. Students can complete these courses by enrolling in the university. Apply Now!
Click here for the program information packet.
- Technical proficiency
- Professional accountability & ethical behavior
- High quality & safe care
- Effective communication and teamwork
- Lifelong learner
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate technical proficiency by safely and efficiently facilitating surgical procedures as a member of the perioperative team.
- Apply ethical, professional, and respectful values to diverse populations as a member of an interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Comply with standards of practice to ensure patient, team, and personal safety.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to be an advocate for the patient, healthcare team, and self
- 8 week hybrid courses (a blend of online courses, in-person learning lab and completion of clinical hours)
- Full time program 3 semesters for a total of 12 months. Weekly in person labs are required, hours each week vary throughout first two semesters. Clinical in last semester is 32 hours a week Monday through Thursday.
- Each student must complete a total of 120 operating room cases (512 clinical hours) in a PSJH operating room (in a hospital or ambulatory center)
- Last term of courses prepares students to take their board certification examination.
- 3 semesters for a total of 12 months
- Sequential, cohort model provides students with a sense of community as they progress through the program with the same group of students.
Partnership with Providence St. Joseph Health
Our students are prepared to be leaders in healthcare. Our unique partnership with Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) offers students the opportunity to receive a quality education with a direct connection to the healthcare industry.
- Designed for students to become skilled, competent, lifelong learners in a rapidly changing and complex healthcare arena.
- Healthcare courses are offered online with state-of-the-art video conference capabilities.
- Affordable cost, big value
- With already competitive tuition rates, students can access multiple scholarship opportunities that could lead to significant tuition reduction.
- Engaged teaching and learning
- Students learn effectively from faculty who help facilitate all learning experiences.
- Internship opportunities
- Students have access to PSJH facilities across seven states in numerous healthcare settings that prepare them for real-world job placement.
- Job opportunities
- During the last semester of their academic program, students have the opportunity to apply for employment within PSJH.
The program is seeking national accreditation through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs in Surgical Technology.