A graduate of the University of Providence’s Master of Healthcare Administration program will be a leader in healthcare. This leader will apply systems, leadership, finance and communication theories and strategies to improve operations and create healthy person-centered environments. Using informatics and information technology, this leader will use evidence and data to improve decision-making, accountability and quality outcomes in healthcare.
- Communication and Listening
- Informatics and information technology
- Ethical and transformation leadership
- Critical thinking
- Complex systems and strategic planning
- Practice Competency
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply systems and leadership theories and informatics to affect change to meet strategic goals.
- Integrate leadership attributes and apply ethical, compassionate, cultural, regulatory, and legal factors in making leadership decisions.
- Synthesize and apply effective communication strategies and skills within organizations to create healthy person-centered environments.
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence, reflective personal growth and compassionate leadership when leading organizations.
- Apply data collection methods, applications, sampling systems and informatics to improve decision-making and accountability.
- Analyze data, evidence-based practice and financial systems to ensure quality and safety in processes.
Partnership with Providence St. Joseph Health
Our students are prepared to be leaders in healthcare. Our unique partnership with Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) offers students the opportunity to receive a quality education with a direct connection to the healthcare industry.
- Designed for students to become skilled, competent, lifelong learners in a rapidly changing and complex healthcare arena.
- Healthcare courses are offered online with state-of-the-art video conference capabilities.
- Affordable cost, big value
- With already competitive tuition rates, students can access multiple scholarship opportunities that could lead to significant tuition reduction.
- Engaged teaching and learning
- Students learn effectively from faculty who help facilitate all learning experiences.
- Internship opportunities
- Students have access to PSJH facilities across seven states in numerous healthcare settings that prepare them for real-world job placement.
- Job opportunities
- During the last semester of their academic program, students have the opportunity to apply for employment within PSJH.