About University of Providence
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face-to-face and online programs. Founded by the Sisters of Providence in 1932, the University is sponsored by Providence Ministries. As part of the Providence Health System (PHS) the University continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs for the healthcare system and industry. Guiding all Providence Ministries are the shared values of dignity, compassion, justice, excellence and integrity.
Teach a range of Biology courses, including General Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, as well as courses within the successful candidate’s specialization. Candidates with an ability to teach courses such as Microbiology, and contribute to the growth of our Exercise Science and Forensic Science programs, are especially welcome to apply.
Key Working Relationships
- Students from diverse range of backgrounds
- Colleagues in Biology, Math, Forensic Science, Chemistry, and other faculty in both School of Liberal Arts and Sciences (SLAS) and School of Health Professions (SHP)
- Staff in Academic Success Center, Registrar’s Office, Provost’s Office, Mission Office, Student Affairs, and Athletics
- Department Chair, Deans of SLAS and SHP, Provost
- Teaching 24 credits per academic year (fall and spring semesters) as assigned, including both on-campus and online classes;
- Support the mission of the department, school, and the university;
- Participate in curriculum development within the program, the department, and the school;
- Write syllabi, prepare course materials, and provide high-quality instruction;
- Keep posted office hours;
- Advise students on their progress in each course in a timely manner;
- Submit grades according to established university policies;
- Participate in professional activities, including committee work, community service, advising of students within the program, assisting students with research projects, and maintaining professional expertise within the successful candidate’s specialization;
- Develop and maintain relations with area professionals in specified area of study.
Essential Position Competencies And Requirements
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to accommodate a variety of teaching situations including a wide range of student preparedness;
- Ability to work effectively with teams and individuals of various ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds;
- Understanding of and commitment to the University of Providence’s mission as a private Catholic liberal arts institution that prepares students for living and making a living.
- A completed doctorate in Biology (or a closely-related field). Candidates who are ABD are welcome to apply
- Applicant must have demonstrated success in teaching college-level courses or professional competence.
- Communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with a diverse array of students and colleagues.
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
- Delivers results by implementing with persistence, and follows through on both strategic and tactical objectives.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while driving for results.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect and honesty with others at all times.
- Is nimble and flexible, and manages competing priorities effectively.
- Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused intensity.
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Proficiency with automated and integrated software systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
Position Type: Faculty
FTE: 1.0 Benefit eligible; full time, tenure-track
Location: Great Falls, MT campus
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976.