This position is responsible for providing ongoing administrative, planning, and executive support of a highly complex and confidential nature for a university executive. The position assists in meeting specialized goals, and contributes to the achievement of the organization’s vision, mission, and strategic objectives by providing special project and executive support to the University President. The activities of this position include supporting an executive(s) by managing calendars, office budget, correspondence, meeting and agenda preparation and other logistical matters. It is anticipated that the person holding this position will network extensively with many of the University’s leadership and stakeholders and will represent their supervisor and the University in a positive and professional manner.
- Supports President with a variety of secretarial and administrative office functions.
- Prepares correspondence including typing, formatting, editing, and modifying reports, documents, or presentations.
- Screens phone calls and emails by handling inquiries and routing when appropriate.
- Handles various forms of communication and ensures timely response to inquiries.
- Manages President’s calendar by making appointments on their behalf, organizing daily schedule, and assisting with daily time management, while notifying them of important tasks or deadlines; deconflicts overlapping engagements.
- Organizes meetings, events, and conferences.
- Manages the budget for the Office of the President; processes purchase orders, check requests, and invoices in a timely manner; reconciles monthly budget reports and ensures that the office budget is in alignment with the approved budget.
- Reconciles monthly credit card bill. Liaises with the leadership team, Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, and members of the Great Falls community.
- Implements and maintains procedures and administrative systems.
- Serves as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them; assist with the preparation and dissemination of communications.
- Ensures the President’s involvement in project or decision-making processes takes place at key times, where their input and leadership are most needed.
- Prepares the President for upcoming meetings by ensuring they have all the information necessary to be productive and engaged; records and maintains meeting minutes.
- Assists with research and presents findings as appropriate.
- Maintains various filing and software systems and ensures organized recordkeeping for the President’s Office.
- Manages travel arrangements, including the booking of transportation and accommodations.
- Ensures President stays on schedule and deconflicts overlapping engagements.
- Copies, scans, faxes, and emails documents.
- Orders office supplies and replacements, as well as managing mail and courier services.
- Appreciation for the mission of a Catholic liberal arts university.
- Demonstrates ability to work with diverse and engaged multiple populations.
- Ability to occasionally work outside of regular business hours.
- Competency using electronic means of communication and Microsoft 365.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of experience as an assistant to an executive-level leader.
Position Type: Staff
FLSA: Non-Exempt/Non benefits-eligible
Salary: $16 – $20 Hourly
Location: Great Falls, MT
*Please note: This is a temporary position through approximately June 2023 with the possibility of transitioning to a regular position in the future.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, UP application, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org .
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5977.