About University of Providence
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face-to-face and online programs. Founded by the Sisters of Providence in 1932, the University is sponsored by Providence Ministries. As part of the Providence Health System (PHS) the University continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs for the healthcare system and industry. Guiding all Providence Ministries are the shared values of dignity, compassion, justice, excellence and integrity.
The Student Services Specialist serves as a guide for students in a variety of student service transactions and processes, and provide comprehensive information about University policies and processes to prospective, current and former students, the general public and University faculty and staff. Areas of knowledge include admissions, academic advising, billing and payment, financial aid, graduation services, housing, meal plans, new student orientation, payment, registration, student activities, student self-service, and veteran’s services. This position plays a critical role in providing a first impression to those who inquire about the University, and in supporting the enrollment and student success goals of the University.
- Provide a full range of student services support to students and the general public by responding to inquiries and requests for information and assistance in person, online or by telephone.
- Answer and respond to incoming calls on main University and Argo Central phone lines.
- Assist with and inform students on student services processes, procedures and policies, including: admissions; advising, assessment/testing; financial aid, billing and payment; graduation; registration; new student orientation, self-service, and veteran’s services.
- Train and assist students to navigate Argo Express and other online student services processes.
- Interpret complex information, making evaluative determinations and recommendations regarding services, programs, and procedures to students, University employees and the public.
- Conduct student transactions and maintain and update student academic records using University information systems.
- Assist students in the resolution of issues, concerns, and problems.
- Work directly with the Financial Aid, Admissions, Registrar, and Student Accounts staff to learn policies and procedures.
- Support Financial Aid, Admissions, Registrar’s Office, and Student Accounts with assignments as needed, including but not limited to campus visit coordination, data entry, scanning and sending documents, and assisting with follow-up calls and letter generation.
- Work closely with admissions counselors and athletics staff to coordinate prospective student campus visits by ensuring schedule is arranged, supplemental items are prepared, and visitor areas in Argo Central are suitable for guests.
- Provide recommendations and assist with the implementation of goals and objectives; participate in establishing and implementing department policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level, as required.
Essential Position Competencies and Requirements
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional communication skills, including written, verbal and formal presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Competency in learning and mastering client relationship management software and ERP system software (Banner.)
- Associate degree or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 1 years of customer service experience required.
- Knowledge of student services and programs relevant to a higher education setting preferred.
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values, and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust, and ethical behavior.
- Ability to comply with FERPA and maintain the security of confidential student information and records.
- Interprets information, makes appropriate determinations and recommendations; researches and resolves issues on behalf of students by navigating the university infrastructure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
- Competence with office computer systems and tools, phone and online communication systems.
Position Type: Staff
Location: Great Falls, MT
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, UP application, and three professional references to email@example.com.
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976.