The Sports Information Director serves as the window to the university’s athletic programs. Ensuring comprehensive coverage of the intercollegiate athletics program in local, regional, and national print and electronic media. Maintain a strong relationship between Athletics and the media.
- Daily maintenance and supervision of the athletic department’s website
- Electronic production of media guides, game programs, press releases and supporting materials
- Compiling and maintaining accurate statistical records in conjunction with PrestoSport statistical software
- Handle media requests for athletics-related interviews with coaches’ trainers, players, and generally provides information to promote the university’s athletic programs
- Promote student-athletes through the media
- Create interest pieces for Argo Athletics
- Submit student athlete nominations for player of the week, character athlete, academic, as well as regional and national awards
- Help promote engaging game day experience and coordinate management of radio, web streaming, photography, in-game digital displays, and promotional events
- Production of video content for website and social media
- Reporting to the local media, including several regional newspapers and television stations, the Frontier Conference, Cascade Conference, NAIA, and ACHA
- Manage athletic department social media accounts
- Provide media relations education to student-athletes in each sport
- Responsible for all team photos’ and head shots, to be used on the Athletic website
- Possibly filling the announcer/PA role for home events
- Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or a related field is preferred or combination of education/experience
- Experience with statistical packages
- Experience with sports reporting
- Experience creating and implementing event plans
Position Type: Staff
Salary: $35,000 – 43,000 Annually
Location: Great Falls, MT
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org .
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5977.