About University of Providence
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. The University is committed to its mission of preparing students for living and making a living. Founded by the Sisters of Providence, the University is a ministry of Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) and continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs. Shared values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship shape the missions of both the University and PSJH.
This position is responsible for performing ongoing administrative and secretarial support services of a complex, and often confidential nature for the Executive Dean of the School of Health Professions. The position performs work that is varied and generally administrative and/or project-oriented. The activities of the position include managing calendars, travel, correspondence, meeting and agenda preparation and other logistical matters and special projects. It is anticipated that the person holding this position will network extensively with many of the University’s management teams and will represent the Executive Dean and will represent her/his supervisors in a positive and professional manner..
- Drafts, prepares, and processes all office correspondence in a timely manner and with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Manages the Executive Dean’s calendar. Schedules appointments, arranges meetings, and prepares agenda/supporting materials for the Executive Dean; also follows-up and tracks actions to be taken in preparation for subsequent meetings.
- Researches and implements all travel arrangements for Executive Dean; prepares itineraries, completes registrations for conferences, and secures airline/hotel reservations.
- Processes all travel receipts for reimbursement.
- Maintains all office files and archival records.
- Answers all incoming calls to Executive Dean’s office.
- Orders all office supplies as needed.
- Performs work on Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Plans various faculty events as they arise.
- Assists with planning and coordinating pinning ceremonies, student immersions, and faculty development sessions and meetings as needed.
Campus Review Processes:
- Maintains thorough knowledge of university policies, handbooks, procedures, and external regulations to ensure compliance and effective operations in the School of Health Professions.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of submission requirements of all types of grants that the School of Health Professions pursues (i.e. nursing’s FDA grant).
- Ensures grants get submitted properly for the very time sensitive deadline.
- Proofreads all grants before submission to maintain accuracy and completeness.
- Assists in gathering all necessary information for completeness of grant.
- Conducts various academic, budgetary, and enrollment statistical research data as requested by Executive Dean.
- Reviews sections of campus documents related to School of Health Professions to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Position Competencies and Requirements
- Baccalaureate degree preferred or combination education and experience.
- Knowledge of and minimum of three years’ experience in higher education desired.
- Successful experience in clerical support positions; demonstrated proficiency in preparing final documents in impeccable form.
- Increasingly responsible positions with supervisory experience. Management or supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated skill to multi-task, establishing and handling priorities with quick turnaround times and meeting non-negotiable deadlines, work independently and with minimal direction in a fast-paced, high accountability office.
- Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved. Ability to remain flexible to accommodate changing operational needs.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to research, interpret, organize and present information and ideas in effective written and presentation form.
- Exceptional oral, written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build successful work relationships by using a respectful and professional communication style. Highest level of customer service.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality and handle sensitive personnel issues.
- High work ethic. Highly reliable in completion of tasks at highest level of quality.
- Experience and ability to work effectively with all internal and external constituencies of the University.
- Demonstrated technological fluency in working in a Windows/MS Office environment and office software packages to include Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Preferred experience supporting health/nursing higher education programs.
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
- Delivers results by implementing with persistence, and follows through on both strategic and tactical objectives.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while driving for results.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect and honesty with others at all times.
- Is nimble and flexible, and manages competing priorities effectively.
- Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused intensity.
- Handles conflict effectively.
Position Type: Staff
Location: University of Providence Campus
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976.