About University of Providence
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. The University is committed to its mission of preparing students for living and making a living. Founded by the Sisters of Providence, the University is a ministry of Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) and continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs. Shared values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship shape the missions of both the University and PSJH.
As a University of Providence Private Security Guard, protect the students, employees, and property of University of Providence. Detect, deter, and reduce; crime, physical hazards, property damage, and property loss. Maintain order. Investigate violations of rules and regulations. Report unusual incidents. Inform employees and visitors of rules and regulations.
- Patrol Campus grounds, buildings, and perimeter.
- Detect and deter crime, property damage, and violations of University policy.
- Maintain a professional, courteous, and polite demeanor.
- Respond to emergency situations.
- Monitor parking on campus.
- Monitor non-student activity and traffic.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Essential Position Competencies and Requirements
- 21 years of age or older.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- United States citizen or legal permanent U.S. resident.
- Ability to pass FBI and Montana Department of Justice fingerprint background check.
- Ability to obtain Montana State Private Security Guard license.
- Ability to interact effectively with staff, peers, faculty, and students in a professional, courteous, and cooperative manner
- Ability to handle high activity and stress.
- Ability to work professionally and reasonably with confidential materials.
- Ability to accomplish job duties in an accurate, effective, efficient, and timely manner.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of community members, students, faculty, and staff.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to qualify with firearm.
- Physically able to conduct foot patrols on uneven surfaces, slick or wet surfaces, stairs, rough terrain, and in all weather conditions.
- Valid Montana Driver’s License.
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certification is preferred or the ability to obtain certification provided by employer.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy, mission, core values, and goals of the University and PH&S, including:
- The University’s mission, as a private Catholic liberal arts institution that prepares students for living and for making a living.
- The ability to integrate values of justice, respect, compassion, excellence, and stewardship into programs and services
- Previous work record demonstrates personal integrity, veracity, and trust.
- Proficient computer skills and a working knowledge of software programs and communication methods is required; this includes Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) and iVMS camera monitoring system.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills is required.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and excellent time management skills are required.
- This position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous security or law enforcement experience would be beneficial, but not necessary.
- Current Montana Department of Labor and Industry Security Guard License is preferred, but not required.
Position Type: Staff
Wages: $13.04 – $15.71 per hour
Hours: Days and shifts varies; less than 20 hours per week; this position is not benefits-eligible
Location: Great Falls Campus
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976.