Adjunct instructors in the University of Providence (UP), School of Health Professions, Health Division fulfill the university mission by providing a quality education for students. They serve as a leader, teacher, advisor, and facilitator of learning in the online classroom environment. Adjunct instructors are responsible to the Program Directors/Leads and Associate Dean Health Division.
Note: Seeking instructor for Clinical Microbiology
- Teaching assignments are made by semester, in 8 sessions, throughout the 12-month academic year.
- Effective teaching should result in documented learner satisfaction and demonstrated success in achieving program and student learning outcomes.
- The instructor must have a reliable personal computer with internet access to enter the University’s learning management system and other university software programs related to academic programs and grading.
- Teaching responsibilities are conducted in a manner that follows the University employment agreement, University policies, procedures, Code of Conduct, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Master’s Degree in appropriate discipline.
- Work experience in appropriate discipline.
- Experience teaching online courses.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of faculty, staff, and students.
- Doctorate Degree in appropriate discipline.
- Teaching experience and demonstrated proficiency using a variety of technologies.
- Previous experience with developing online curricula is preferred.
- Current knowledge of issues impacting the health of individuals, families, communities, and populations.
- Certification as Certified Online Instructor (COI) or other online teaching certification is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Teams, PowerPoint & Excel).
- Demonstrates a commitment to the philosophy, mission, core values, and goals of the University and Providence Health Services (PHS), including:
- The university’s mission, as a private Catholic liberal arts institution that prepares students for living and for making a living.
- The ability to integrate values of justice, respect, compassion, excellence, and stewardship into programs and services.
- Previous work record demonstrates personal integrity, veracity, and trust.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrates strong professional judgement and decision-making ability.
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate and make meaningful recommendations to the faculty.
- Committed to on-going professional reflection and instilling trust and honesty with others.
Position Type: Adjunct Faculty
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, UP application, and three professional references to email@example.com .
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5977.