REGIONAL ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR SOUTHWEST
The Admissions Counselor role at the University of Providence is focused on identifying and attracting qualified students, collaborating with the Admissions team to achieve enrollment goals. This position involves managing a designated recruitment territory, coordinating with Athletics and the Admissions Department for recruitment plans, providing comprehensive service throughout the admissions process, and organizing admissions events. The counselor will engage faculty, staff, and students in recruitment efforts, possessing in-depth knowledge of university programs, policies, standards, and financial aid. Embracing the University’s identity and brand, the counselor will authentically articulate the UP student experience, conveying this information compellingly to prospective students and their families. This remote position, based in the Southwestern U.S., may include national travel.
- Develop and execute region-specific recruitment plans that align with the admission strategy within UP.
- Maintain a regional presence/home office in a location within defined Southwest/West region.
- Identify students in Arizona, Southern California, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and Texas who may be a fit for the University and engage them in the admissions process through a consistent and systematic effort of personal contact.
- Manage the enrollment funnel in the assigned territory by moving students from inquiry phase to enrolled.
- Provide proactive, thorough, and timely information to students about the admission process, financial aid and costs, academic programs, and student experience.
- Work with the rest of the admissions and athletic staff to support the execution of the annual recruitment plan, including the calendar of admissions events, and implement activities and events as assigned.
- Travel to regional and national recruitment events.
- Create connections with community colleges in area and report back transfer student needs for possible pipeline growth.
- Provide one-on-one guidance to applicants in the region, assisting them with the application process, financial aid information, and scholarship opportunities.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with high school counselors, churches, and other key stakeholders.
- Collect and report data on regional recruitment efforts, including applicant demographics and trends.
- Manage recruitment for a designated online population.
- Conduct effective high school visits.
- Create connections with local parishes to expand reach to Catholic students.
- Cultivate relationships with high school counselors, teachers and administrators, and with students and their families.
- Seek out detailed and up-to-date information and resources from campus staff and faculty on behalf of prospective students.
- Conduct engaging and effective campus visits for individuals and groups when applicable.
- Travel to the Montana campus for larger recruitment events
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor or the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
- Performs all duties in a manner which promotes team concept and reflects the University and Providence mission and philosophy.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Prior successful experience in education, sales, admissions, or recruitment.
- Experience with private, Catholic, liberal arts education preferred.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the college athletic recruitment process preferred.
Position Type: Staff
Salary: $18.00 – $22.00 Hourly
Location: Remote (Residing in Arizona, Nevada, or New Mexico)
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com .
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5977.