About University of Providence
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. Founded by the Sisters of Providence in 1932, the University is sponsored by Providence Ministries. As part of the Providence Health System (PHS) the University continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs for the healthcare system and industry. Guiding all Providence Ministries are the shared values of dignity, compassion, justice, excellence, and integrity.
Under the direction of the Executive Dean for the School of Health Professions, the Division Chair is responsible to lead, plan, develop, and evaluate a suite of programs within the SHP assigned to their leadership. The Division Chair provides leadership to ensure all assigned programs are of high quality, achieve the objectives and outcomes set forth, and maintain/receive national accreditation (as required) as well as any state regulations required to deliver the programs. This includes academic assessments, leading curriculum design sessions and ensuring continuous process improvement practices for all programs. The Division Chair is responsible for program operations, including fiscal responsibility and faculty recruitment for all assigned programs. This position is viewed as a respected leader and works collaboratively with both University-wide and on-campus departments and key PSJH system and regional leaders to ensure sustained collaboration and seamless structures and processes for all assigned programs. The Division Chair is a full-time administrative position with full eligibility for UP faculty appointment.
- Provide leadership and strategic planning in the development and execution for assigned SHP programs consistent with current and future PSJH workforce needs in partnership with the
- Responsible for creating high quality SHP programs that maintain/receive national accreditation and where appropriate, state
- Accountable for programmatic collaboration within the University and PSJH, to envision, design, develop and evaluate the assigned SHP programs.
- Where appropriate, assesses and coordinates clinical facility placement needs and evaluates the quality of clinical facilities in accordance with state and national regulatory requirements to ensure that clinical learning experiences satisfy the course and program learning
- Strong collaboration with the Executive Dean, School of Health Professions and other SHP Division Chairs for all existing and new programs and helps to ensure university systems are implemented to support these programs. This collaboration also includes key PSJH regional stakeholders across all levels of the
- Responsible to provide program data, to document program outcomes and effectiveness to the Executive Dean, SHP and executive leaders; as well as any regulatory or accrediting agencies per assigned program
- Responsible for developing and managing program budgets. This also includes responsibility for creating the business plans for new programs, expanding existing programs and faculty recruitment
- Responsible for the recruitment, orientation and on-going professional development for SHP program faculty to help ensure a positive learning experience and environment is created for both students and faculty within the
- Leads the development and improvement of assigned SHP programs, incorporating best practices, research, performance needs assessment and training assessments into the process of the design and delivery of academic
- Provide direct and indirect oversight of day to day operations of all assigned SHP programs and special
- Provide direct management to faculty and direction to administrative and other support
- Maintains current knowledge for assigned SHP programs by attending state and national conferences and participates in other professional development activities to ensure the SHP programs are robust and relevant for
- Effectively represent the SHPs goals, strategies and interests internally and externally to the University.
- Ensure the School’s activities are in accordance with the governance, policy and regulatory frameworks of the University.
- Performs all duties in a manner which promotes team concept and reflects the University and PSJH mission and philosophy.
Essential Position Competencies and Requirements
- A terminal degree at the doctoral level from an accredited university. Either the Master’s or Doctoral Degree must be in Nursing.
- 5 years or greater of higher education administrative experience.
- Progressive escalating leadership experiences in a higher education setting.
- Proven leadership in the design, implementation and evaluation of health education programs and projects.
- Networked in the academic arena and driven to bring best practices into academic systems and processes.
- Eligible for required program licensure needed for assigned SHP programs in Montana and other states as needed.
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
- Delivers results by implementing with persistence and follows through on both strategic and tactical objectives.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while driving for results.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect and honesty with others at all times.
- Is nimble and flexible and manages competing priorities effectively.
- Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused intensity.
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Proficiency with automated and integrated software systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
Position Type: Administration
Location: University of Providence Campus in Great Falls MT preferred; remote work from other Providence facilities in MT, WA, OR, CA, AK, NM, or TX also acceptable.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, UP application, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976.