About University of Providence
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. The University is committed to its mission of preparing students for living and making a living. Founded by the Sisters of Providence, the University is a ministry of Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) and continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs. Shared values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship shape the missions of both the University and PSJH.
The purpose of the Marketing Strategist for the School of Health Professions (SHP) is to provide the strategic, school-specific marketing needs of the School of Health Professions and to provide comprehensive support to the Director of Marketing and Communications in all aspects of health science program marketing. Contribution to the University’s mission and strategic plan is made through the Marketing Strategist’s continued work and support.
The Marketing Strategist for SHP is responsible for the leading the development, management and implementation of the School of Health Professions strategic integrated marketing plans designed to increase visibility of the school, to support the school business goals, to generate student inquiries for programs and to help position the University’s brand in the marketplace. This team leader stays abreast of changes in the marketing environment to best serve the objectives of the school and adjusts plans accordingly, applies quantitative and qualitative market research to guide analysis of competitive and industry trends as related to the school program initiatives and enrollment opportunities.
The Marketing Strategist for SHP is a brand ambassador who works to integrate and establish the brand message in the areas they represent. This team member works closely with SHP and the Director of Marketing to help define the brand value proposition and work to convey a distinctive, compelling brand message across multiple media to attract prospective students and constituents in support of building the University of Providence brand. In doing so, she/he will ensure marketing and communication activities are based on solid brand strategy, positioning/value proposition development, claims development and messaging.
The Marketing Strategist for SHP works cooperatively, and leads the efforts of, with internal and outside vendors/partners as appropriate.
- Serve as the SHP liaison for the Marketing and Communications department
- Develop and oversee compelling content that highlights University initiatives and supports strategic priorities for the School of Health Professions
- Create various SHP related content across different digital platforms, including SHP web pages, Providence health platforms, digital advertising platforms, and social media.
- Create and edit correspondence, including newsletters, invitations, email communication, forms, reports, and various communications as required.
- Implement and execute all distribution of SHP marketing materials.
- Performs a variety of writing, design, and project management tasks while using good judgment and strong interpersonal skills to plan and execute marketing/communications strategies.
- Assists the Events Specialist activities pertaining to SHP event planning.
- Collaborate with the University of Providence Admissions officers to create SHP marketing campaigns based on admissions needs
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the growing contacts within the Providence System and identify opportunity to build relationships with stakeholders within healthcare outside of Providence.
- Support the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Digital Marketing Specialist in developing and maintaining a strategic web presence for SHP, including website and social media pages (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), developing and writing fresh content, responding to SHP department inquiries through social media messaging, and implementing new platforms when applicable.
- Help develop digital advertising strategy for SHP audience and prospective students
- Manage day-to-day activities of data entry, credit card reconciliation, reports and other information requiring the ability to read and understand budgets and provide proper accounting of funds.
- Proofreads all communications and monitors SHP related media.
- Gather and interpret information from SHP marketing analytics in order to determine program success and/or make changes to current projects to increase success.
- Works collaboratively with marketers, designers, videographers, photographers, social media and web personnel, and other campus communicators.
- Supervisory responsibilities directing the work of wage payroll, student, and/or temporary employees or volunteers may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
Essential Position Competencies and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field preferred
- 2 years of experience in a marketing profession
- Experience in marketing health professions programs preferred
- Experience in design of creative projects, including displays and printed and electronic materials that comply with branding standards.
- Technical experience, including responsibility for maintaining computer systems or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect, and honesty with others at all times.
- Is nimble and flexible, and manages competing priorities effectively.
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Effectively meets customer needs; builds productive customer relationships; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Works effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Must be able to gather and analyze department data statistics and translate into marketing materials as needed.
- Ability to be reliable, quickly adaptable, and punctual with the ability to multi-task at all times.
- Achieves a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas and keeps up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Ability to have a flexible schedule from time to time to meet event needs, and some occasional travel may be required.
- Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposes standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Ability and willingness to continuously evolve and adapt tasks as necessary and learn quickly new policies and procedures.
Position Type: Staff
Location: UP Campus; Great Falls, Montana
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976.