About University of Providence
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. The University is committed to its mission of preparing students for living and making a living. Founded by the Sisters of Providence, the University is a ministry of Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) and continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs for the healthcare system and industry. Shared values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship shape the missions of both the University and PSJH.
Essential Position Purpose:
- Provide instruction for a range of biology courses, with emphasis on Anatomy & Physiology, and Microbiology
- Integrate use of computer-interfaced biological investigative activities in biology laboratory courses
Key Working Relationships:
- Students from diverse range of backgrounds
- Colleagues in Biology, Math, Forensic Science, Chemistry, and other faculty in both School of Liberal Arts and Sciences (SLAS) and School of Health Professions (SHP)
- Staff in Academic Success Center, Registrar’s Office, Provost’s Office, Mission Office, Student Affairs, and Athletics
- Department Chair, Deans of SLAS and SHP, Provost
- Teaching between six and nine credits semester (fall and spring) in undergraduate programs. Teaching in the summer is also possible.
- Instruct and/or supervise biology laboratories, including development/ use of computer interfaced biological investigative laboratory activities;
- Develop syllabi, courses, program emphases, and assessment instruments;
- Supervise/ instruct/ advise a diverse student population by integrating multiple strategies of instruction and interaction; campus and online instruction required;
- Expand knowledge and competencies in the discipline and in the learning/ teaching process;
- Work collaboratively with other faculty and staff in fostering a community of learning and growth.
- Participate in program assessment and development;
- Responsible for program effectiveness, including outcomes, assessment, and continuous process improvement;
- Assess course and other evaluation methods by students and faculty and develops plans of action for improvement as needed.
- Performs all duties in a manner which promotes team concept and reflects the University and PSJH mission and philosophy.
Essential Position Competencies And Requirements:
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to accommodate a variety of teaching situations including a wide range of student preparedness;
- Ability to work effectively with teams and individuals of various ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds;
- Understanding of and commitment to the University of Providence’s mission as a private Catholic liberal arts institution that prepares students for living and making a living.
- Earned Ph.D. (master’s degree considered in exceptional cases) in Physiology, Biology, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Systems Biology, or closely related field;
- Experience teaching in the discipline, preferably at the collegiate level;
- Experience with computer applications for instructional purposes;
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
- Delivers results by implementing with persistence, and follows through on both strategic and tactical objectives.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while driving for results.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect and honesty with others at all times.
- Is nimble and flexible, and manages competing priorities effectively.
- Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused intensity.
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Proficiency with automated and integrated software systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
Position Type: Faculty
Location: Great Falls, MT campus
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application and three professional references to email@example.com.
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976.