About University of Providence
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face-to-face and online programs. Founded by the Sisters of Providence in 1932, the University is sponsored by Providence Ministries. As part of the Providence Health System (PHS) the University continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs for the healthcare system and industry. Guiding all Providence Ministries are the shared values of dignity, compassion, justice, excellence and integrity.
Full-time tenure-track teaching position in our education program.
- Teach 24 credits per academic year (fall and spring) in the Education program.
- Develop and teach courses in health and physical education, sports management, and exercise science.
- Teach in face to face, blended, and online instructional environments.
- Serve as an academic advisor for program majors and minors.
- Facilitate curriculum development, implementation, and progression of health and physical education and sports management programs.
- Serve as Program Lead for sports management undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Participate in the systematic program evaluation of programs.
- Serve as the Field Director of Education.
- Collaborate with programs in the areas of healthy and physical education, sports management, and exercise science.
- Ability to interact successfully within a multicultural environment and to work harmoniously with colleagues, students, and the community.
- Participate in academic activities at the department and university levels.
Essential Position Competencies And Requirements
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values, and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust, and ethical behavior.
- Balances the common good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while driving for results.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect, and honesty with others at all times.
- Is nimble and flexible, and manages competing priorities effectively.
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Proficiency with automated and integrated software systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Doctorate in Education with a focus health and physical education.
- Holds current K-12 teaching license.
Preferred or Supplemental Education
- Sports Management
- Social Studies
- Experience teaching at varied K-12 levels in health and physical education.
- Expertise with computer applications for instructional purposes.
- Communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with a diverse array of students and colleagues.
- Experience in curriculum design and assessment.
- Experience teaching in higher education.
- Experience utilizing an LMS for online instruction.
- Experience in athletic coaching.
Position Type: Faculty
Location: University of Providence Campus
*The contract for this position will begin in August, 2022.
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976.