About University of Providence
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. Founded by the Sisters of Providence in 1932, the University is sponsored by Providence Ministries. As part of the Providence Health System (PHS) the University continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs for the healthcare system and industry. Guiding all Providence Ministries are the shared values of dignity, compassion, justice, excellence and integrity.
- Create an environment that values and promotes the academic experience of the student athlete.
- Meet university established recruitment and retention goals
- Develop a competitive Varsity Ice Hockey program
- Maintain a high standard of integrity in all aspects of program management
- Intentionally integrate department and university core values to produce a team that promotes and exemplifies the values and the mission of the University of Providence
- Monitor the academic progress of student’s athletes.
- Develop leadership skills and instill core values in student athletes.
- Maintain knowledge of and adherence to all NAIA, ACHA, University, and departmental rules and regulations.
- Team Management: Recruiting, Budgeting, Scheduling, Travel Logistics, Competition and Practice Coaching, and Public Relations.
- Timely submission and reconciliation of paperwork to the Athletic Business Operations Manager.
- Coordinate team and participate in departmental fundraising efforts.
- Operating of program specific camps and clinics.
- Maintain professional memberships and engage in professional development opportunities.
- Serve on department and university committees as assigned.
- Additional teaching or administrative duties may be combined.
- Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
Essential Position Competencies and Requirements
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
- Delivers results by implementing with persistence, and follows through on both strategic and tactical objectives.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while driving for results.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect and honesty with others at all times.
- Is nimble and flexible, and manages competing priorities effectively.
- Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused intensity.
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Proficiency with automated and integrated software systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or combination of education/experience
- 3 years of coaching experience, preferred coaching at the collegiate level
Position Type: Contract-Term
Location: University of Providence Campus
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, UP application, and three professional references to email@example.com .
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976.