About University of Providence
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. Founded by the Sisters of Providence in 1932, the University is sponsored by Providence Ministries. As part of the Providence Health System (PHS) the University continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs for the healthcare system and industry. Guiding all Providence Ministries are the shared values of dignity, compassion, justice, excellence and integrity.
Essential Position Purpose
This position is a key position in the financial aid office. It will assist students and families with the financial aid process. General responsibilities include determining student Title IV eligibility, providing financial aid counseling to prospective and enrolled students and their families, evaluate student files and prepare financial aid award packages, perform the verification process on selected FAFSA files, and perform technical duties unique to financial aid.
- Create, implement, monitor, and maintain compliance program designed to monitor, detect, and prevent areas or non-compliance
- Administer default prevention/management program
- Analyze and track default trends and work with Director of Financial Aid to recommend policy and/or procedural modifications to aid in default reduction
- Assist with the development of a robust Financial Literacy Program to be utilized by the campus community
- Provide customer service and counseling to students, parents, and the campus community in person, on the phone, and via email regarding all aspects of the financial aid process
- Process all loan certification requests for private/alternative student loans
- Process Direct Loan revisions due to rejected status or student request
- Create, reconcile, and process month-end Direct Loan and Pell Grant reports. Research and correct any identified discrepancies
- Perform Banner processes, including importing/exporting corrections, ISIRS, batch posting requirements, generating letters, loan processing, and system testing
- Perform all aspects of the awarding process, including federal verification, conflict resolution, loan processing, appeal review, award recalculations, satisfactory academic progress calculation, C-code and ISIR reject resolution, SULA resolution, and professional judgments
- Update and maintain policy and procedure manual
- With assistance from a compliance committee, recommends corrective actions to include changes in policy and/or procedures when deficiencies are discovered
- Researches, examines, analyzes, interprets, and implements institutional, state, and federal policies and regulations as related to financial aid administration
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid
Essential Position Competencies and Requirements
- Exceptional communication skills, including written, verbal and formal presentation skills
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Excellent organizational skills
- Competency in learning and mastering client relationship management software and ERP system software (Banner)
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior
- Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making
- Delivers results by implementing with persistence, and follows through on both strategic and tactical objectives
- Be able to interact effectively with administration, staff, peers, faculty, high school counselors, and students in a professional, knowledgeable, courteous, and cooperative manner
- Be able to handle work load fluctuations with periods of high activity
- Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused intensity
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Is nimble and flexible, and manages competing priorities effectively
Position Type: Staff
Location: Great Falls , MT
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, UP application, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org .
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976.