About University of Providence
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. The University is committed to its mission of preparing students for living and making a living. Founded by the Sisters of Providence, the University is a ministry of Providence Health and continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs for the healthcare system and industry. Shared values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship shape the missions of both the University and Providence Health.
This position is responsible for coordinating special accommodations for students with documented disabilities. The person in this role will also organize and facilitate programming for grant-eligible students.
- Coordinate, train, recruit, and supervise note-takers, and interpreters for the deaf.
- Train and assist students with adaptive equipment.
- Provide directions for more appropriate coping skills for students with disabilities.
- Screen and make referral to other agencies for appropriate services.
- Coordinate and provide informational presentations and workshops for all TRIO SSS students.
- Plan and attend graduate school visits.
- Organize and facilitate programming for grant eligible students.
- Facilitate computer-assisted instruction.
- Inform students of the activities sponsored by the Title IV SSS project.
- Assist students with decision-making skills for educational, vocational, and personal choices.
- Assist students to learn to advocate for themselves.
- Advise students with course load, course content, academic regulations, and university procedures.
- Provide Early Warning and professor follow-ups.
- Complete Personal Education Plans (PEP’s) with each assigned student.
- Cooperate with staff and faculty in retention efforts.
- Document all activities and contact with students in Student Access (TRIO SSS Database).
- Assist with maintenance of electronic student files.
- Serve in other capacities as requested by the Title IV Student Support Services Director.
Essential Position Competencies and Requirements
- Be able to interact effectively with administration, staff, peers, faculty, and students in a professional, courteous, and cooperative manner.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Be able to handle workload fluctuations, high activity, and stress.
- Ability to promote and develop programs.
- Knowledgeable of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and requirements.
- Advising/counseling skills.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work professionally and reasonably with confidential materials.
- Ability to accomplish job duties in an accurate, effective, efficient, and timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in counseling, education, human services, or related field with Master’s Degree preferred.
- Three years related, full time, paid work experience.
- Previous experience with TRIO/SSS preferred.
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
- Delivers results by implementing with persistence, and follows through on both strategic and tactical objectives.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while driving for results.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect and honesty with others at all times.
- Is nimble and flexible, and manages competing priorities effectively.
- Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused intensity.
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Proficiency with automated and integrated software systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
Position Type: Staff
Location: University of Providence Campus
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application and three professional references to email@example.com.
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976.