The Disabilities Advocate for TRIO/Student Support Services position is responsible for organizing and facilitating programming for grant-eligible students. The Disabilities Advocate provides opportunities to students who may otherwise not seek a college degree due to a disability. This position will offer equal access to education for students on campus and those online. The Disability Advocate works directly with students most in need of support and assistance and is an integral part of the TRIO/Student Support Services department..
- To organize and facilitate programming for grant eligible students
- To facilitate computer-assisted instruction
- To plan and provide informational presentations and workshops as requested.
- To inform students of the activities sponsored by the Title IV SSS project
- To assist students with decision-making skills for educational, vocational, and personal choices
- To advise students with course load, course content, academic regulations, and university procedures
- To administer personality, vocational, and learning style assessments
- To provide Early Warning and professor follow-ups
- To cooperate with staff and faculty in retention efforts
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Proficiency with automated and integrated software systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree in counseling, education, human services, or related field
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Three years related experience preferred
Position Type: Staff
Salary: $17 – $19 Hourly
Location: Great Falls, MT
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, UP application, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com .
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5977.