About University of Providence
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. Founded by the Sisters of Providence in 1932, the University is sponsored by Providence Ministries. As part of the Providence Health System (PHS) the University continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs for the healthcare system and industry. Guiding all Providence Ministries are the shared values of dignity, compassion, justice, excellence and integrity.
The Director for Residential Life contributes to the educational mission of the University of Providence by fostering a residential community of learning and inclusion which reflects the Catholic heritage of the institution. Central to the campus culture of the University of Providence, the Director for Residential Life collaborates with other campus departments to ensure the development of a healthy, formative, and safe campus experience for students.
- Develop and implement departmental policies, procedures and programs.
- Determine department goals and objectives and organize resources to accomplish them.
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection, training and supervision of residence hall director(s).
- Provide support to all professional, support and student staff in their contributions to student success.
- Direct supervisor to the Residence Hall Director and Resident Assistants (RAs).
- Meets with the professional staff on a regular (weekly) basis, evaluates performance, and provides guidance and direction for leadership development.
- Collaborate with Facilities Planning and Management to ensure that residential facilities are adequately maintained.
- Collaborate with Admissions regarding occupancy for incoming students.
- Prepare and oversee annual budgets for Residential Life
- Supervise Residence Hall Operations and Logistics: Keys, Inventories, Application Process, Banner Assignments
- Direct programs and services in residence halls and apartments to address needs and contribute to the development of residents and enhancement of educational and social environment
- Collaborate with Dean of Students to provide training and guidance regarding legal implications of policies and sanctions.
- Provide leadership in area of development of learning outcomes for residential programs.
- Primary instruct of the Resident Assistant class.
- Collect best practices from associations, colleges and universities to ensure on-going professional development
- Play an active and collaborative role within the Student Engagement Division
- Serve on various university committees and task forces
- Fulfill other responsibilities assigned by the university’s President, Vice President for Student Engagement, and other campus officials
- To Coordinate Residence Hall Compliance Documentation
- Implement and participate in Administrator on-call responsibilities to manage crisis situations in accordance with University policies
- Live in residence on the campus of the University of Providence
Essential Position Competencies and Requirements
- Appreciation for the mission of a Catholic liberal arts university
- Keen understanding of issues impacting college students and student development
- Experience managing a residential life program
- Experience supervising professional staff and ability to work well with all levels or personnel
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse and engaged student populations
- Demonstrated crisis management skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends on-site and/or at home
- Other duties as assigned
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
- Delivers results by implementing with persistence, and follows through on both strategic and tactical objectives.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while driving for results.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect and honesty with others at all times.
- Is nimble and flexible, and manages competing priorities effectively.
- Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused intensity.
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Proficiency with automated and integrated software systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Master’s degree in student personnel services, higher education administration or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience working in higher education or related field
Position Type: Staff
Wages: $36,337 – $43,784 per year plus room/board
Location: University of Providence Campus
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application and three professional references to email@example.com.
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976.