About University of Providence
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face-to-face and online programs. Founded by the Sisters of Providence in 1932, the University is sponsored by Providence Ministries. As part of the Providence Health System (PHS) the University continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs for the healthcare system and industry. Guiding all Providence Ministries are the shared values of dignity, compassion, justice, excellence, and integrity.
The Director of Campus Safety serves as the primary safety and security officer for the University of Providence. This position directs the personnel, processes, and use of safety and security equipment for the campus. In addition, this individual ensures that the safety and security team maintains a high level of customer service, as they are often the first people who respond to critical incidents and emergencies on campus.
- Recruit, train, deploy, and direct all safety and security personnel.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment on campus.
- Maintain formal relationships with local law enforcement.
- Work with Student Affairs staff to learn and respond to changing needs for student safety.
- Collaborate with Faculty/Staff to address concerns and evolve with enhanced safety practices.
- Maintain, publish, and display the campus crime log in compliance with the Clery Act.
- Assist Title IX coordinator as needed with investigations.
- Enforce all Student Code of Conduct, and campus-wide policies.
- Implement and create campus emergency response procedures as needed.
- Implement campus training programs for a response to armed intruder and other emergency procedures in coordination with emergency management coordinators.
- Enforce all parking regulations and policies
- Manage systems supporting the physical environment, access control, video management, and mass communications.
- Maintain the Montana Residential Security Manager License for the University.
- Ensure all Safety and Security officers maintain their Montana State Security Officer License, to include the required annual training requirements and certifications.
- Identify and provide training to maintain a professional campus safety program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Position Competencies and Requirements
- Maintain current licensing and certification with the State of Montana including:
- Resident Manager Status
- Security Guard License
- Proprietary Security Company License
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or related field
- Requirement may be waived with sufficient equivalent experience.
- Facilitating Clery Act program requirements (preferred).
- Experience requirements for resident managers of contract security companies and proprietary security organizations are as follows:
1. Two years full-time (35 or more hours per week) experience as:
a. an employee or employer in the field for which licensure is sought;
b. a sworn member of any: federal investigative agency; military police; or state, county, or city investigative or law enforcement group or police department; or
c. supervisor or administrator in industrial or governmental security; or
2. Experience in campus law enforcement, preferred
3. Vocational training of at least four, 12-credit semesters in security company operations; or
4. Completed Montana Law Enforcement Academy or equivalent.
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, Values, and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
- Delivers results by implementing programs and processes with persistence and follows through on both strategic and tactical objectives.
- Drives continuous improvement processes within safety and security programs.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while driving for results.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect, and honesty with others at all times.
- Is nimble and flexible and manages competing priorities effectively.
- Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused intensity.
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Proficiency with automated and integrated software systems and Microsoft Office products, to include security solutions (access control, video management, mass communications).
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
Position Type: Staff
Location:Great Falls, MT
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, UP application, and three professional references to email@example.com.
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976.