DIRECTOR OF ALUMNI & COMMUNITY RELATIONS
The Director of Alumni & Community Relations serves as a connector between University’s alumni and the institution. This position will be required to grow the university’s alumni network through innovative approaches. The Director also serves as the lead contact between the university and the community through a variety of strategic activities including downtown chamber partnerships, support of community organizations, and helping to uplift the university’s alumni in Great Falls, MT across the state of Montana and the country.
- Develop fundraising and engagement strategies that provide new opportunities for Alumni.
- Expand the department in innovative ways that challenge long-standing structures of alumni relations as it relates to relationship building and pipeline development, following best practices of advancement and alumni engagement.
- Form and fully leverage cross-functional teams of colleagues, volunteers, and athletics, academic, and administrative leaders.
- Represent the University of Providence in community-focused strategic partnership opportunities and events.
- Pro-actively build upon and establish new relationships with alumni from a variety backgrounds, majors, and geographic locations.
- Develop and implement a strategic alumni-focused fundraising and engagement plan.
- Oversee campus-wide alumni engagement activities as well as programs designed for alumni from a variety of backgrounds and geographic locations.
- Lead and manage the Alumni Board in order to build upon existing successful activities and create innovative approaches that allow alumni from all backgrounds to participate.
- Partner with colleagues from a variety of departments and campus stakeholders in order to strategically identify new alumni in UP and beyond to support ongoing opportunities.
- Strategically oversee the alumni portion of university-sponsored events that feature alumni and offer opportunities for fundraising and engagement.
- Manage and grow the alumni media presence on social media, print, and web.
- Work alongside the Office of Marketing & Communications and Office of Advancement teams in order to develop the alumni magazine and newsletter.
- Nurture a sustainable network of support across Great Falls and broader Montana of volunteers and alumni leaders to effectively scale engagement efforts and facilitate two-way communication that represents the interests and voice of the alumni body and allows UP to communicate needs and news as well as celebrate accomplishments across a growing network.
- Elevate the profile of UP in Great Falls, the state of Montana, and beyond by recognizing and celebrating alumni from across the globe in a variety of innovative ways connecting them back to UP students and our community – including developing and implementing new fundraising and engagement opportunities.
- Work directly with the VP of Advancement to effectively manage the alumni engagement operating budget, including monitoring transactions, promoting policy compliance, and assisting in budget modeling and forecasting processes.
- Establish new university-wide engagement opportunities that align with university strategic plan and campus-wide programming efforts and priorities to broaden and deepen the base of fundraising and community engagement for (and at) UP.
- Represent the university at key stakeholder events in Great Falls and beyond.
- Establish and grow strategic partnerships with key organizations, businesses, and employers to enhance awareness and impact of UP.
- Build and maintain relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders including civic and community leaders, funders, policymakers and alumni.
- Assist with Office of Advancement projects and events.
- Attend campus and community events, representing the Advancement team, or the VP of Advancement, as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience fostering and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues, donors, volunteers, community leaders, and University officials.
- Experience with best practices for networking and establishing new initiatives for community engagement and statewide relationships.
- Experience in a higher education environment and/or on-profit or similar type of organization that partners regularly with volunteers as a part of the core mission of the work.
Position Type: Staff
Salary: $55,000 – $60,000 Annually
Location: Great Falls, MT
For consideration, please apply by January 17, 2024. To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com.
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5977.