About University of Providence
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. The University is committed to its mission of preparing students for living and making a living. Founded by the Sisters of Providence, the University is a ministry of Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) and continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs for the healthcare system and industry. Shared values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship shape the missions of both the University and PSJH.
This position directly supports the Director of Marketing and Communications. Incumbent will be directly responsible for supporting the university in its digital marketing and communications program planning and implementation. Understanding of SEO, social media strategy, content development, advertising strategies, and writing brand copy are essential to this position.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans for university programs, initiatives, and events.
- Handle day-to-day content management and develop creative campaigns for website, social media, and other electronic communications. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional writing skills and loves to craft simple, friendly, engaging sentences to clearly convey the unique messages on a higher education website.
- Have the ability write brand narratives and communicate university’s mission through digital story-telling.
- Write and edit news releases, features, profiles, and other editorial for print and online communications
- Be able to develop long-term social strategy with content development plan and experience engaging different audiences on different social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
- Paid social media (Facebook & Instagram) ad campaign experience a plus
- Assist in the planning, development, and implementation of communications aimed at an internal audience.
- Assist in maintaining and updating web content.
- Supervise student assistants, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Position Competencies and Requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and organizational communication skills required.
- Experience writing, editing, and proofreading for both print and electronic media.
- Familiarity with communications and marketing technology including emerging channels and the latest trends.
- Ability to interact effectively with administration, staff, peers, faculty, and students in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner.
- Ability to plan, meet deadlines, and handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Ability to work professionally and discreetly with confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and organize the different duties that must be accomplished.
- Ability to accomplish duties in an accurate, effective, efficient, and timely manner.
- A commitment to the philosophy, mission, core values, and goals of the University and PH&S, including:
- The University’s mission, as a private Catholic liberal arts institution that prepares students for living and for making a living.
- The ability to integrate values of justice, respect, compassion, excellence, and stewardship into programs and services.
- Previous work record demonstrates personal integrity, veracity, and trust
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
- Delivers results by implementing with persistence, and follows through on both strategic and tactical objectives.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while driving for results.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect and honesty with others at all times.
- Is nimble and flexible, and manages competing priorities effectively.
- Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused intensity.
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Proficiency with automated and integrated software systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, or related field preferred.
- Three years’ professional digital marketing, social media marketing and branding work
- At least two years’ experience in writing and publishing content to the web and social media. Experience working in higher education preferred.
- Ability to craft press releases, robust website content and long-from writing pieces
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
Position Type: Staff
Location: University of Providence Campus
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application and three professional references to email@example.com.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976.