This position is responsible for the cleaning and sanitation work in an assigned building or work area of the University, or on occasional special projects. Performs custodial maintenance duties including dusting, mopping, finishing and buffing floors, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, cleaning and restocking restrooms.
- Responsibilities may vary depending on the shift. Shifts are rotated and include the swing and graveyard shift, holidays, and weekends.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, strips, waxes, and buffs floors, hallways, and stairways and cleans and vacuums, carpets and rugs.
- Cleans and dusts furniture, walls, ceilings, windows, windowsills, woodwork, and other building surfaces.
- Cleans and sanitizes rest rooms, baths, commodes, urinals, lavatories, drinking fountains, and other fixtures.
- Perform outside work such as mowing, weed-eating, and snow removal.
- Picks up and removes trash and other waste from building and cleans waste receptacles and transports recyclable materials to drop off point on a scheduled basis.
- Moves furniture for cleaning purposes.
- Observes safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
- Observes safety standards and practices.
- Perform other duties as they may be assigned by the manager.
- High school diploma required.
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
- Ability to understand and carry out routine oral and written instructions in a safe manner, make routine decisions independently, sustain long periods of light to moderately heavy physical activity, and work harmoniously with others.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect and honesty with others at all times.
- Is nimble and flexible and manages competing priorities effectively.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused intensity.
- Ability to perform work outdoors.
- Ability to lift and move objects of up to 50 pounds and occasionally handle objects in excess of 50 pounds. Ability to repeatedly lift 10 to 15 pounds.
- Willingness to be trained to perform job responsibilities.
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
Position Type: Staff
Salary: $14.25 to $14.50 Hourly
Location: Great Falls, MT
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, UP application, and three professional references to email@example.com .
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5977.