The primary function of this position is skilled work in the operation of a Bus. This position will transport athletic teams to in-state and out-of-state athletic contests.
- Works with athletic staff on predetermined route for upcoming travel.
- Transport athletic teams to in-state and out-of-state athletic contests.
- Regulates heating equipment and ventilation of bus for comfort of passengers.
- Drives bus carefully and in compliance with traffic regulations.
- Assumes responsibility for the safety of passenger in loading, unloading and transporting.
- Instructs passengers in safety precautions and practices.
- Inspects and sweeps bus. Checks water, gas, oil and mechanical condition before leaving on a trip.
- Reports delays and accidents.
- Keeps operational records and makes simple reports.
- Reports defects or problems to supervisor.
- Knowledge of traffic and highway safety rules and regulations, and of the precautions necessary to avoid accidents.
- Ability to operate a bus in a safe and economic manner.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions and to perform work requiring good physical condition.
- Ability to relate to student-athletes and university personnel.
- Ability to complete various forms and records, including updated route sheets, time sheets, incident and accident reports.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Athletic Director of Facilities and Event Management.
Education, Certification, and Licensure
- Must possess a valid Class B CDL and passenger endorsement.
- Driving required in all conditions, including snow, ice, and rain.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends, including overnight stays.
- Preferred Class A CDL and passenger endorsement.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience driving large passenger vehicles, school buses or commercial motor-coach.
Position Type: Staff
FTE: Hours vary based on out-of-town athletics events’ schedule.
Salary: Between $165 and $180 per trip
Location: Great Falls, MT
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org .
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5977.