Under the direction of the Registrar, the Associate Registrar assists with ensuring Registrar functions, with an emphasized focus on technical systems and processes. This position is responsible for assisting the Registrar in all tasks and acting in place of the Registrar as needed. Additionally, this position has a shared responsibility of organizing and supervising daily operations concerned with registration, management of student academic records, records system processing, athletic eligibility, scheduling, and managing software / technical components involved in registrar-related functions.
- Function as part of the athletic eligibility certification team along with the Assistant Registrar and Registrar. This includes verification of athlete eligibility and adherence to individual organization / conference policies
- Manage all aspects of the standard part of term course schedule, including data and reporting requirements
- Ensure student grades, class lists, change of grade notifications, and incomplete conversions are handled promptly and accurately
- Serve as DSO for SEVIS (student I-20)
- Supervise the end of term processing duties to update all academic records and ensure successful completion for each part of term
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for delivery of quality student support services and efficiency of departmental operations
- Analyze and evaluate graduation applications for degree candidacy in tandem with Registrar
- Organize and maintain official files and documents
- Maintain accurate records and transcript database for both current and non-current students
- Process student documentation through use of databases
- Manage the graduation process in tandem with the Registrar, including student files, audit, honors list, spreadsheets, authorization for posting degree, posting degree to transcript, ordering diplomas, President’s signature, Business Office approval, mail diplomas, and mail complimentary transcripts
- Assist in the organization and coordination of the commencement events, ceremony, and related materials
- Secure all records according to AACRAO regulations
- Comply with legal release of information and public information act; i.e. FERPA and Public Information Act
- Cooperate with the Registrar to oversee advisor training, assignment and assessment
- Print official and unofficial transcripts
- Supervise Assistant Registrar in class scheduling processes
- Responsible for submitting grades for military students via military portals
- Manage Registrar page of University website
- Manage student self-service interface and functionality as it relates to registration and records
- Manage electronic degree audit functionality and technical maintenance) to ensure accuracy of curriculum and academic policies for all academic programs.
- In cooperation with the Registrar, manage all aspects of curriculum as it pertains to software, databases, and Registrar publications.
- Oversight of maintenance and implementation of registration and student record related software and database systems.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of five years’ experience working in higher education setting preferred.
- Experience working with complex data systems is required.
- Proficient computer skills and a working knowledge of software programs and communication methods is required; this includes Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and oral communications skills is required.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and excellent time management skills is required.
- Previous work with student information systems such as Banner and Jenzabar is preferred.
Position Type: Staff
Salary: $43,000 – $54,000 Annually
Location: Great Falls, MT
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com .
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5977.