Under the direction of the Registrar, the Assistant Registrar assists with ensuring Registrar functions. Additionally, this position has a shared responsibility of daily operations concerned with registration, management of student academic records, records system processing, scheduling, and managing software / technical components involved in registrar-related functions. This position is also the lead for athletic eligibility certification for the University.
- Verify athlete eligibility, adhering to individual organization / conference policies.
- Collaborates with the Associate Registrar to manage all aspects of the standard/non-standard part of term course schedule, including data and reporting requirements, as well as all notifications related to the specific part of term (issuing certificates; maintaining grades, class lists, academic calendar, refund rules, posted schedule, registration controls, cohort maintenance, etc.).
- Assist with processing of student grades, class lists, change of grade notifications, and incomplete conversions promptly and accurately.
- Process end of term duties to update all academic records and ensure successful completion for each part of term.
- Coordinate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for delivery of quality student support services.
- Organize and maintain official files and documents.
- Collaborate with the Associate Registrar for oversight of the university’s consortium participation and processes.
- Maintain accurate records and transcript database for both current and non-current students.
- Process student documentation through use of databases.
- Assist with the graduation process, including student files, audit, honors list, spreadsheet, authorization for posting degree, posting degree transcript, ordering diplomas, President’s signature, Business Office approval, mail diplomas, and mail complimentary transcripts.
- Assist in the organization and coordination of commencement events and publications.
- Secure all records according to AACRAO regulations.
- Comply with legal release of information and public information act; i.e. FERPA and Public Information Act.
- Cooperate with the Registrar and Associate Registrar to oversee advisor training, assignment and assessment.
- Print official and unofficial transcripts.
- Assist Registrar with FERPA education and training.
- Evaluate incoming transcripts while adhering to institutional transfer credit acceptance policies and oversight of course placement.
- Provide technical support as a back up to the Associate Registrar, for all software / system needs within the Registrar’s Office.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent written and oral communications skills is required.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and excellent time management skills is required.
- Proficient computer skills and a working knowledge of software programs and communication methods is required; this includes Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint).
- A minimum of three years’ experience working in higher education setting preferred.
- Previous work with applicable Student Information Systems preferred.
- Experience working with complex data systems is preferred.
First Review of Application will be January 5th.
Position Type: Staff
Salary:$18 – $20 Hourly
Location: Great Falls, MT
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com .
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5977.