About University of Providence
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. Founded by the Sisters of Providence in 1932, the University is sponsored by Providence Ministries. As part of the Providence Health System (PHS) the University continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs for the healthcare system and industry. Guiding all Providence Ministries are the shared values of dignity, compassion, justice, excellence and integrity.
This position is responsible for providing, prevention, evaluation, rehabilitation, and care of athletic injuries to student athletes as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer. Sports will be assigned as needed by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Follow University/Athletic Department Sports Medicine policy as set by the Head Athletic Trainer, including injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury management, injury treatment, rehabilitation, educational programs, management of student athlete insurance.
- Maintain knowledge of and adherence to all NAIA, ACHA, Frontier and Cascade Conference, University, and department rules and regulations.
- Provide athletic training services for the Universities Athletic Dept. including attendance at scheduled team practices, home and away competitions as necessary (must have valid driver’s license).
- Coordinate and schedule physical examinations, medical referrals, team physician visits for student athletes to determine their ability to practice and compete.
- Work in conjunction with strength and conditioning coaches to ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness for student athletes.
- Schedule and coordinate with Head Athletic Trainer for coverage of all team practices and athletic competitions.
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer in the development/management of the sports medicine program budget. This includes evaluations of new techniques, equipment, and supplies.
- Provide general counseling and education to student athletes.
- Record keeping and documentation.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer.
Essential Position Competencies and Requirements
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
- Delivers results by implementing with persistence, and follows through on both strategic and tactical objectives.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while driving for results.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect and honesty with others at all times.
- Is nimble and flexible, and manages competing priorities effectively.
- Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused intensity.
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Proficiency with automated and integrated software systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Required Bachelor’s degree in appropriate area of specialization (Athletic Training), professional experience of at least 0-3 years. Preferred Master’s Degree.
- Must be certified by the NATABOC & possess or be in the process of acquiring licensure from the state of Montana. Must have current CPR & AED certification
- Experience with collegiate athletic setting
Position Type: Staff
Location: University of Providence Campus
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976.