The Exercise Science program at the University of Providence offers multiple concentrations for student specialization including pre-clinical preparation, pre-athletic training, strength and conditioning, personal training, and sport coaching.
A successful candidate will possess the ability to teach a variety of Exercise Science courses within the Exercise Science core courses and concentrations, including subjects such as Kinesiology, Biomechanics, exercise testing, and exercise prescription, as well as courses within the candidate’s specialization. Candidates with an ability to teach courses in sport management are especially welcome to apply.
- Support the mission of the department, school, and the university
- Teach 24 credits per academic year (fall and spring semesters) as assigned, including both on-campus and Online classes; nine-month contract with summer teaching possibilities
- Participate in curriculum development (e.g., produce syllabi and prepare course material) within the program, the department, and the school
- Advise students within the program and assist students with research projects
- Keep posted office hours
- Submit grades according to established university policies
- Participate in professional activities that promote excellence in teaching and scholarly growth
- Engage in university committee work and community service
- Develop and maintain relations with area professionals in specified area of study.
- A completed doctorate in Exercise Science (or a closely related field). Candidates who are ABD are welcome to apply.
- Current certification from the American College of Sports Medicine or the National Strength and Conditioning Association preferred.
- Demonstrate success in teaching and professional competence.
- Exhibit communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with a diverse array of students and colleagues.
- Mentoring undergraduates in research preferred.
Position Type: Faculty
Salary: $53,000 – $63,000 Annually, depending on rank
Location: Great Falls, MT campus
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5977.