The University of Providence seeks candidates for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in Business. Candidates must be able to support and promote the University’s Mission, Catholic identity, and liberal arts/professional education traditions. We seek a highly collegial faculty member committed to welcoming students into the University community, to holistically forming students, and to helping students orient themselves among and excel in varying types of business courses. This faculty member will have advising responsibilities for both undergraduate and graduate students. The teaching load is 24 credits per academic year. There may be other opportunities for teaching in core Integrated Learning Community courses and in the summer.
- Support the mission of the department, school, and the university
- Teach a combined total of 12 credit per semester (fall and spring) in undergraduate programs; nine-month contract with summer teaching possibilities
- Participate in curriculum development (e.g., produce syllabi and prepare course material) within the program, the department, and the school
- Keep posted office hours
- Submit grades according to established university policies
- Advise undergraduate and graduate students as needed
- Contribute to the intellectual life of the department and university
- Participate in professional activities that promote excellence in teaching and scholarly growth remaining up-to-date in business and management best practices
- Engage in mission-focused service to university, community, and profession
- Develop and maintain relations with area accounting/business professionals
- Perform all duties in a manner which reflects the University and PSJH mission and philosophy
- Doctorate in Business, Management, or related field is preferred. Broad-based ability to teach multiple courses across finance and business administration is required.
- Applicant must have demonstrated success in teaching college-level courses, both face-to-face and online.
- Demonstrates success in teaching and professional competence
- Exhibits communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with a diverse array of students and colleagues
Position Type: Faculty
Salary: $53,000 – $63,000 Annually, depending on rank
Location: Great Falls, MT campus
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5977.