This position is to find and attract qualified students to enroll at the University of Providence and to work with the Admissions team and others to meet University enrollment goals. The admissions counselor will be responsible for a geographic recruitment territory but will also work with Athletics and the rest of the Admissions Department to implement recruitment plans, provide service to students throughout the admissions and enrollment process, organize and conduct admissions events, and engage faculty, staff, and students in the recruitment effort.
- Identify students in the assigned territory who may be a fit for the University and engage them in the admissions process through a consistent and systematic effort of personal contact.
- Manage the enrollment funnel in the assigned territory by moving students from inquiry to applicant to admitted student to deposited student to enrollment to matriculation.
- Provide proactive, thorough, and timely information to students about the admission process, financial aid and costs, academic programs, and student experience.
- Work with the rest of the admissions and athletic staff to support the execution of the annual recruitment plan, including the calendar of admissions events, and implement activities and events as assigned.
- Travel to regional and national recruitment events and conduct effective high school visits.
- Cultivate relationships with high school counselors, teachers and administrators, and with students and their families.
- Seek out detailed and up to day information and resources from campus staff and faculty on behalf of prospective students.
- Conduct engaging and effective campus visits for individuals and groups.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor or the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
- Competency in learning and mastering client relationship management software and ERP system software.
- Obtained higher education certificate or degree, or equivalent job related experience required.
- Two years of relevant experience in areas such as customer service, sales, or presentations is required.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
Position Type: Staff
Salary: $17 – $20 Hourly
Location: Great Falls, MT
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org .
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5977.