About University of Providence
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face-to-face and online programs. Founded by the Sisters of Providence in 1932, the University is sponsored by Providence Ministries. As part of the Providence Health System (PHS) the University continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs for the healthcare system and industry. Guiding all Providence Ministries are the shared values of dignity, compassion, justice, excellence, and integrity.
Essential Position Purpose
The purpose of this position is to find and attract qualified students to enroll at the University of Providence and to work with the Admissions team and others to meet University enrollment goals. The admissions counselor will be responsible for a geographic recruitment territory, but will also work with Athletics and the rest of the Admissions Department to implement recruitment plans, provide service to students throughout the admissions and enrollment process, organize and conduct admissions events, and engage faculty, staff, and students in the recruitment effort. The admission counselor is expected to be well-informed about University programs, policies, standards, and financial aid; to embrace the University’s identity and brand; to be able to articulate authentically the UP student experience, and to convey that information compellingly to prospective students and their families.
- Identify students in the assigned territory who may be a fit for the University and engage them in the admissions process through a consistent and systematic effort of personal contact.
- Manage the enrollment funnel in the assigned territory by moving students from inquiry to applicant to admitted student to deposited student to enrollment to matriculation.
- Provide proactive, thorough and timely information to students about the admission process, financial aid and costs, academic programs, and student experience.
- Work with the rest of the admissions and athletic staff to support the execution of the annual recruitment plan, including the calendar of admissions events, and implement activities and events as assigned.
- Travel to regional and national recruitment events and conduct effective high school visits.
- Cultivate relationships with high school counselors, teachers and administrators, and with students and their families.
- Seek out detailed and up to day information and resources from campus staff and faculty on behalf of prospective students.
- Conduct engaging and effective campus visits for individuals and groups.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor or the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
- Performs all duties in a manner which promotes team concept and reflects the University and PSJH mission and philosophy.
Essential Position Competencies and Requirements
- Exceptional communication skills, including written, verbal and formal presentation skills
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Excellent organizational skills
- Competency in learning and mastering client relationship management software and ERP system software (Banner.)
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience with private, Catholic, liberal arts education preferred.
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Goal and achievement orientation.
Position Type: Staff
Location: Great Falls, MT.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, UP application, and three professional references to email@example.com.
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976.