About University of Providence
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face-to-face and online programs. The University is committed to its mission of preparing students for living and making a living. Founded by the Sisters of Providence, the University is a ministry of Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) and continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs for the healthcare system and industry. Shared values of dignity, compassion, justice, excellence, and integrity shape the missions of both the University and PSJH.
This student support position aims to provide students with a one-stop resource to help connect students with campus resources, assist those experiencing academic difficulty, develop plans for success, and assist with registration, advising, and graduation planning.
- Establish personal connections with students to increase retention and provide consistent individual support to students in the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences (SLAS) and the School of Health Professions (SHP).
- Create and maintain success plans with at-risk students, including short and long-term goals and graduation plan tracking.
- Partner with faculty to create an inclusive environment where students are engaged, active partners in their learning and educational experience.
- Coordinate with coaches in order to facilitate academic progress for individuals and teams.
- Help students connect with resources on campus, including The Writing Center, Financial Aid, Registrar, Wellness Center, Career Services, and other academic and co-curricular support areas.
- Help students learn college skills, including study strategies, test-taking, time management, communicating with staff and faculty, etc.
- Create platforms to solicit ongoing feedback from students on how to improve service.
- Advise and register first-time freshmen, and help facilitate registration of transfer students.
- Assist with the development of intervention programs for all at-risk students, students on academic alert, students with low mid-term grades, and students on probation, suspension or warning.
- Maintain academic alert system through tracking and updating interventions.
- Conduct exit interviews with withdrawing or non-returning students.
- Function as secondary academic advisors to all students.
- Perform all duties in a manner which promotes and reflects the University and PSJH mission and philosophy.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Essential Position Competencies and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s Degree preferred in Counseling, Education, or related field.
- Desired experience working with specific college-age populations (e.g., traditional, non-traditional, Veterans, ESL, or International)
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning.
- Proficient computer skills and a working knowledge of software programs and communication methods is required; this includes Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.)
- Working knowledge of Banner, Degree Works, Recruit & Alert Systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills is required.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and excellent time management skills is required.
- Models a commitment to the Mission, values, and work of the University of Providence.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust, and ethical behavior.
- Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and the ability to problem-solve with sound recommendations and consultative skills.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect, and honesty with others at all times.
- Is adaptive and flexible, and manages competing priorities and conflict effectively.
- Ability to interact professionally with colleagues at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Position Type: Staff
Location: University of Providence Campus
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, UP application, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976.