About University of Providence
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. Founded by the Sisters of Providence in 1932, the University is sponsored by Providence Ministries. As part of the Providence Health System (PHS) the University continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs for the healthcare system and industry. Guiding all Providence Ministries are the shared values of dignity, compassion, justice, excellence and integrity.
The Academic Program Assistant’s essential position purpose is to provide comprehensive academic support to the University of Providence’s School of Liberal Arts and Sciences (SLAS) personnel. This position also provides vital program support to the Education department through data entry and management.
- Performs general administrative support, secretarial, and clerical duties to School of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Organizes attachments and take minutes for Academic meetings.
- Assists in maintaining academic files including faculty office hours, course syllabi, assessment materials, minutes, program files, etc.
- Assists SLAS faculty in maintaining a schedule of faculty office hours, program calendars, and assist with appointment scheduling as requested.
- Collects and assists in processing forms such as: purchase orders, check requests, travel authorizations, reimbursements, and petty cash requests.
- Assists faculty with ordering of course materials such as books and other class supplies, document conversion, photocopying, workshop materials, handbooks, and accreditation reports.
- Work with faculty to post “Class Canceled” signs when appropriate.
- Oversees copy machines and offices supplies for academic campus buildings.
- Greets office visitors, gives directions and provides information.
- Answers the telephone and processes accurate messages.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintains signs for faculty building directories and all classrooms each semester
- Works in conjunction with the Education program to enter and manage program data, files and documentation for annual reports, accreditation reports and Education Student Licensure.
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Position Competencies and Requirements
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect and honesty with others at all times.
- Is nimble and flexible, and manages competing priorities effectively.
- Demonstrates abilities in data entry and management.
- Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused intensity.
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrates independence and ability to follow written or verbal processes and procedures to complete tasks.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite products such as Word, Excel and Outlook. Familiarity with Adobe editor, Publisher and PowerPoint is a plus.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education/experience
- 1-3 years’ experience as an administrative assistant.
Position Type: Staff
Wages: $12.42-14.96 per hour
Location: University of Providence Campus
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE UNIVERSITY OF PROVIDENCE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT.
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976.