WHO WE ARE
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus
located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. The University is
committed to its mission of preparing students for living and making a living. Founded by the Sisters of
Providence, the University is a ministry of Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) and continues to create
academic programs to address current and future workforce needs for the healthcare system and
industry. Shared values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship shape the missions
of both the University and PSJH.
Full-time tenure-track teaching position in our education program.
• Teach 24 credits per academic year (fall and spring) in the Education program.
• Instruct courses in multicultural education, social studies education, field practicum courses, and
assessment, and/or other methods courses.
• On-line teaching is required.
• Recruit and advise undergraduate students.
• Conduct program assessment and development.
• Provide service to the program, University, profession, and community.
ESSENTIAL POSITION COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
•Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of
Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires
others to bring forth their best.
• Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
• Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
• Delivers results by implementing with persistence, and follows through on both strategic and
• Ability to deal with ambiguity while driving for results.
• Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect and honesty with others at all times.
• Is nimble and flexible, and manages competing priorities effectively.
• Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused
• Handles conflict effectively.
• Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a
courteous and cooperative manner.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
• Proficiency with automated and integrated software systems and Microsoft Office products.
• Maintains strict confidentiality.
• Doctorate in Education with a focus on curriculum and instruction required.
• Preferred experience teaching at varied k-12 levels, with concentration preferred in elementary or
• Expertise with computer applications for instructional purposes.
• Communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with a diverse array of
students and colleagues.
Position Type: Faculty
FTE: 1.0; 1 vacancie
Location: University of Providence Campus
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application and three professional references to email@example.com.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5977.