General IS Policies & Procedures
We would like our employees and students to be aware of the following procedures within the Information Services department.
- The Information Services Service Desk in the University Center will be open for employees and students during published business hours.
- ServiceDesk personnel will sanitize all equipment on acquisition and distribution to end users.
- The main Information Services office areas will be off limits to unauthorized persons.
- All visitors must check-in at the reception desk in the Information Services area for assistance.
- Support provided outside of the Information Services office will be available according to proper University policies. Refer to Health & Wellness for more information.
The following policies and recommendations can help to minimize your risk and still have access to all the University’s computing resources.
- We strongly recommend that students bring their own personal computing devices whenever possible.
- The vast majority of requirements for business and classes are available online and accessible from any device. Thus, minimizing your need to share equipment with others.
- Information Services recommends sanitizing all surfaces before and after you are in an area. This includes keyboards, mice, monitor screens, countertops, printers/photocopiers, and chairs.
- Refer to Health & Wellness for more information regarding social distancing and other policies relating to the use of publicly shared technology.
Students with Technology Needs
The Information Services office at UP has a limited number of laptops and netbooks prepared for student use. Please contact the ServiceDesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 406-791-5326 for more information.