General IS Policies & Procedures
We would like our employees and students to be aware of the following procedures within the Information Services department.
- The Information Services Service Desk in the University Center will be open for employees and students during published business hours.
- ServiceDesk personnel will sanitize all equipment on acquisition and distribution to end users.
- The main Information Services office areas will be off limits to unauthorized persons.
- All visitors must check-in at the reception desk in the Information Services area for assistance.
- Support provided outside of the Information Services office will be available according to proper University policies. Refer to Health & Wellness for more information.
The following policies and recommendations can help to minimize your risk and still have access to all the University’s computing resources.
Publicly Shared Computers
While publicly shared computer systems will remain available, we recommend avoiding the use of other’s phones, desks, computers, etc.
- University employee office systems should be for individual use only.
- We strongly recommend that students bring their own personal computing devices whenever possible.
- The vast majority of requirements for business and classes are available online and accessible from any device. Thus, minimizing your need to share equipment with others.
- In the event that you do need to share equipment, Information Services requires sanitizing all surfaces before and after you are in an area. This includes keyboards, mice, monitor screens, countertops, and chairs.
- Wear a mask and use hand sanitizer when using a publicly shared computer system.
Refer to Health & Wellness for more information regarding social distancing and other policies relating to the use of publicly shared technology.
Printers and Photocopiers
In order to ensure that publicly shared printers and photocopiers remain available, the following requirements have been established:
- Public printers/photocopiers must be sanitized before and after each use.
- In order to reduce physical contact with devices, employees and students are to log into printers/photocopiers using their university IDs.
Students with Technology Needs
The Information Services office at UP has a limited number of laptops and netbooks prepared for student use. Please contact the ServiceDesk at email@example.com or at 406-791-5326 for more information.