Archived Documents and Communications
The quick link sections to the left, outline the over 80 pages of our campus Emergency Opening Plan (EOP) into a more navigable structure for exploring and reference. To see the full EOP report, click here.
2021-2022 COVID Communications
Remote Instruction - 10/6/2021
Dear University Community,
Due to the emergence of documented community spread of the Delta variant on campus, the university is going remote from Wednesday afternoon through Sunday, October 10. This means:
- All classes for the rest of today and through Friday will be conducted remotely. Students should refer to their syllabi for instructions on how to access course content remotely.
- Students in the residence halls should participate in quarantine-like practices. This means:
- Stay home except to get medical care. Rest and stay hydrated. Inform the UP Health Nurse of any changes to your health over the course of your quarantine.
- Try to avoid the general public and peers as much as possible, which includes avoiding shopping, gyms, dining out, socializing, and avoiding public places and large crowds.
- Take care of yourself, and stay active each day, if possible. If you can safely get out for a walk without running into other people, do so. If you feel well enough to do so, complete an at-home workout.
- Do not access University of Providence facilities. Do not access the gymnasium or fitness center / weight room.
- You are permitted to go to the cafeteria for all meal services for grab-and-go meals only. There will be no dining in the cafeteria during this time.
- NO GUESTS are allowed in the residence halls. For example, residents of Sister Rita are not allowed in Argo, or vice versa. NO off-campus guests are allowed in the residence halls.
- Athletic events, including competitions and practices are cancelled through the weekend.
- All public areas will be closed. This includes, but is not restricted to spaces such as the Library, Chapel, Esports area, lower level of the Student Center.
- No in-person gatherings until Monday.
- Faculty and staff: remote work is supported where and when feasible. Please work with your direct supervisor.
- Masks will be required in all indoor areas for two weeks following the resumption of in-person activities.
We will reassess the situation on Sunday and send out announcements to the campus as appropriate. Please know that all individuals who have tested positive or who have been in contact with someone else who has tested positive have been contacted within the same day of notification. Thank you for doing all that is possible and prudent to protect our community at this time.
Thank you for taking these steps to insure we are able to nip this outbreak in the bud and continue, after this hiatus, to resume on-campus activities.